The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
darush01

Help!!!!! 2000 gmc jimmy

I have a 2000 gmc jimmy 2 dr 2wd 4.3 vortec, i have put 3 fuel pumps on it it has a new fuel filter new crank sensor newish mass airflow sensor i have run out of ideas when i put a new fuel pump on itll take a few tries but itll kick in and run drive like a champ then itll start jumping and acting crazy trying to die out itll run good again the eventually the fuel pump will just stop kicking in all together. At one point it was pulling an evap code but as of now i dont know what its doing i just need it fixed im young but these new vehicles stump me pretty easily when it dies its because its not getting fuel and if its due to a bad pump what coild cause it to burn up so quickly?
Posted via Mobile Device
darush01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Re: Help!!!!! 2000 gmc jimmy

Are you using GM pumps? I would only put in GM pumps. I've seen too many after market pumps fail to early. I order mine from http://store.getgmparts.com/
I've also ordered O2 sensors from them.

Have you checked the fuel pump relay? Check the wiring? Is it burned? Are any wires exposed? I had to change out a relay due to use and corrosion. Is the tank properly gounded?
When you replace a fuel pump, prime the system first. Just turn the key on without cranking. After a few times, the line is primed and it will start faster. Do you verify fuel pump failure with a pressure gauge? Are you sure the FI spider is not clogged up? The redesigned FI spider started in '01 or '00. I can't remember.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
darush01

Re: Help!!!!! 2000 gmc jimmy

Ok, ive cecked the relay and swapped it with another that was identical, its kicking when its supposed to, i havent used a pressure gauge but i checked at the rail and im not getting any fuel at all, and finally at risk of sounding ignorant what is this spider thing? Im not too good wit efi so i have not clue what that is
Posted via Mobile Device
darush01 is offline   Reply With Quote