The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
juanhonglo

Rusty 65 c10 LS build

I bought this truck in 02 when I was 18. It was worn out then but I didn't care it was cool. Little did I know the PO was not kind to it. Originally I6 with 3 on the tree as I can best tell it had a 350 2bbl and 700R4. The motor started spewing smoke outta the valve cover breather so I picked up a hot roded motor from a guy at work. 6 months later pump gear blows on the tyranny repair shop calls shift kit installed wrong and no TV cable hoked up. So got all fixed and on my way, a year later my dad passes away and on the same day the motor went. So I had to park it and take care of my family. So there it sat for a year met my wife and her dad help out building up a new motor. Once again she was on the road as my only vehicle..... not good in the Texas heat and a baby so it sat again as I was able to get another car. Ended up selling motor to her dad and parked it again. Now after 5 years my mom gave me the house when she went to care for my grandpa and got his house, my sister moved out for school now the father son truck can now be the father and two sons project. This will be a long project due to the two sons age 3 and 7 but no rush I want to do so much to this truck I gotta take my time.

Im still not 100% sure how I will build it but I will go LS, possibly a 5.3 6.0 seems to much as one day I hope to see the boys drive it plus gas prices and mpg are kind of an issue to. I have looked at lots of other trucks on this site and it always makes me want to do something to the truck. I have learned so much from this site and all the members and hope to learn more along the way.
Attached Images

juanhonglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
juanhonglo

Re: Rusty 65 c10 LS build

A few pics to show why I named my truck Rusty.
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
juanhonglo

Got the bed off today correct me if im wrong but these trucks didnt come with leaf springs right? Oh the wonderful things you find of the po
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
LostMy65
But Found Her 25yrs Later!

I see you joined some time back, and just now began posting.
Welcome.

It's nice you've had the truck for many years, and are thinking about it long into the future.

Other than the floors, the truck looks solid.

66 C20 Service Truck:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=428035
LostMy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
juanhonglo

Thanks when I first found this site I had to join. It wasn't until now when my truck was back at my house that I wanted to start by build thread. Now its back in my hands after sitting at a buddy's house till I was able to clean out my overstuffed 2 bay garage, cramped with you name it I fellt like starting my post. Now my man cave will be complete a beautiful truck on one side, tv couch and my personal favorite the nes pc on the other. Yes the NES is my garage pc!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Welcome to the forum

Yes, someone has converted your truck to a later model rear end and leaf springs. The GMC's did come with leaf springs, and the leafs were also an option on the Chevy's.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
juanhonglo

Got my front clip off that was fun. However my boys had some fun with the truck my seven year old said im going to the race track. Almost brings a tear to my eye so young but an understanding of how great this truck is. Also looks like I gotta get a new battery box. One to add to a growing list.
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
65Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Welcome to the forum

Yes, someone has converted your truck to a later model rear end and leaf springs. The GMC's did come with leaf springs, and the leafs were also an option on the Chevy's.
^^Like Captainfab said, the trailing arm mounts are on the xmember.

Blue long bed
White TBSS
61 Impala
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
65Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
juanhonglo

Long week unable to get much done removed pass door and found some more po handy work. Trim plate was held with wood screws and a piece of wood and roof shingles. Also I have no idea what the seat came out of all I can tell is its not stock.
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2014, 01:10 AM   #10
Hotrodder350

Good luck when you pul the carpet.
How are your welding skills? Looks like old Rusty is going to need them.
Bill
Hotrodder350 is offline   Reply With Quote