The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
Blue Baby

Another question about door glass rubber / felt replacement.

I searched previous threads and didn't find the answers I was looking for. Here goes... I am replacing the window felts (inside), outside glass rubber, window channel (backside of vent window) and the rubber that goes from the top of the door, down the back of the door glass and down to the bottom of the window regulators. Basically the 8 piece kit.

Questions: Do you have to remove the door glass? Vent window? Window regulators? Do you glue in the vertical channels? Does the top / rear seal just pinch into position.

The inside felts are no problem as well as the outer glass rubbers. They just clip in. My biggest concern is the vertical front channels and the long top / rear seals.
Blue Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
AirSpeed

Re: Another question about door glass rubber / felt replacement.

You will need to remove the door glass and the wing vent assembly to replace everything. The front felt in the division bar is rivited in, you will have to drill the rivets out and rivet the new one in. I don't think you can even replace the horiizontal felt and wiper with the door glass in, not easily anyway. You don't have to remove the regulator though.
Posted via Mobile Device
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Blue Baby

Thanks Airspeed!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
Lee H

You can replace the division bar felt, wipers, and window channel with out removing the vent windows and glass with a little extra work. I feel it's easier than removing the vents and glass. The wipers and channel pop out very easily. The division bar felt is a little more difficult. With the window all the way up and the door panel off use a screw driver or putty knife and begging scraping off, out the felt. Once to bottom is done roll the window down and do the top. Glue the channel and felt in with 3M weather strip adhesive and roll the window up. If you going to change out the vent rubbers this is a great time to take it all apart.
Posted via Mobile Device

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Blue Baby

Thanks Lee H !!!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I take them out.I guess you could so as Lee,but I like to clean lube everything when I have it that far apart,Watch the rubber/fuzzies.They don't seem to fit up against the window as well as the stock ones.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
ChillWinstonC20

I can't remember but I think LMC (or maybe it's PaulsGMC) that offers a "rivet kit" that basically has everything you need to remove the vent window... haven't personally used it but it's something to consider.
ChillWinstonC20 is offline   Reply With Quote