The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Puglia10

80 swb project lsx swap WIW part or whole?

I have a rust free 1980 c10, regular cab short bed, 2wd.
It is completely apart, down to the frame. The frame and control arms, rear end, etc have been blasted and powdercoated or painted.
It is an awesome truck with some awesome parts, but I dont have the money or time to finish it how I want, and now I need knee surgery after a motorcycle crash.

I'm wondering what its worth, and if I should try to sell it whole or part it out (shame) I also don't want to be stuck with a big part so would have to have the frame/bed/cab sold first. I was thinking 4k with the 6.0 and 4l80e I have for it, or $2,500 with out. What do you think? If I parted it out, what does a clean and painted frame go for? How bout a cab or bed or fenders with very decent paint?

Just trying to get a grip on what I should do. Thanks guys and girls!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Re: 80 swb project lsx swap WIW part or whole?

Its always hard to tell from pics, it looks in generally good shape, BUT, at least on the core support I see surface rusting and there may be weak areas I dont see on the lower portion or neat the mount holes... And I could say the same for the other panels. Assuming there is no flaking areas of rusted metal anywhere on anything, I'd toss you my thoughts:

Cab is probably $350 on a good day if it needs zero patch work, and comes complete with doors etc.

Fenders are maybe $75 each, same for a hood with no rust or kinks. Inner wheelwells about $50 each is genuine GM (heavier metal gauge) with no rust damage anywhere... if they are aftermarket think around $20 each since you can buy them brand new for like $30-35.

Bed might bring $400-500, with tailgate/wiring/lamps all in good shape and no rust/scale or rotted bed supports underneath.

Frame as it looks in the pics maybe $300. Its painted and has new bushings up front, but isnt a roller and you can find rolling frames for $500 that come with axles, springs, suspension etc... the person who buys it will need to source a bunch of parts just to get it rolling again.

Unfortunately, the economy is still rough and there are lots of abandoned projects that keep coming up for sale.

I think $2500 for the package minus drivetrain is too high with it being apart. As-is pricing is more like list it all for $1500 and take any offer over $1000. If you got the frame to be a roller and loosely bolted the cab/bed on and hung the front clip to make it a roller that someone just needs to drop a drivetrain in and can start to drive, but that someone needed to gap panels, tighten things up, repaint etc etc then the $2500 is more realistic.
79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Puglia10

Re: 80 swb project lsx swap WIW part or whole?

Parting this whole thing out now, looking for some ideas on prices now that I'm getting a lot of emails, I dont know where to start!

1. Rust free cab with doors, good paint, bench seat, door panels and dash etc?
2. Built rear end with 3.73s and Detriot tru-trac, as well as rear disc brakes?
3. Rust free bed, good paint, with tail gate and lights?
4. Fenders?
5. Cowl hood?
6. Front crossmember, lowering spindles, control arms?

Thanks guys! Trying to get some money for another project...