The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
long80gmc

New to me truck, also new here

Hello all, the name is Dwight. Im a new square body chevy owner. I've been a ford guy all my life....don't judge. I was looking for a new project, i was actually looking for a 73-79 ford, but this came up. A friend i have known since kindergarten posted his truck up for sale on facebook. I knew he had the truck, he did not drive it much as he has a harley and a corvette as well, along with some other sick rides. But the asking price was not bad, has a crate 350, new 700r4 with a shift kit, and the rear end has been rebuilt with 3.42s and posi. He bought the truck that way for the drivetrain, but the truck being as solid as it is he did not want it to rot in a field. From what the previous owner told him the drivetrain now has around 10k miles on it. It also has a holly 750cfm double pumper on it....it chokes when you give it to much gas. Idk rather or not its the carb, or its just getting to much gas. So i have a 600cfm that i got for free getting redone by a local guy that builds engines. The truck originally had 31" tires on it, but it being 2wd, i want to lower it, so i got rid of those and flipped them for a few hundred and threw some tires i had laying around in my garage on. Anywho, here is a pic, suggestions welcome. I do want to lower, but i dont want to notch the frame so with people saying they have to, or dont have to with the flip kits, its a hard decision!

80gmc by d_imel05, on Flickr
long80gmc is offline   Reply With Quote