The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
Nikotrans

Quality Parts

I’m getting ready to order a bunch of parts for my 1957 Chevy 3100 restoration. Some of the things on my list include:

• Windshield
• Weather-stripping
• Patch Panels
• Fenders
• Bumpers
• Mirrors
• Tail Lights
• Mounting Kits

The good news is that there are a number of aftermarket vendors that cater to these trucks and everything that I need appears to be readily available from a number of venders. I’m ready to acquire the parts that I need, but unfortunately, I don’t have firsthand experience with any of the many venders out there.

Since many (if not all) of these parts are reproductions, my concern is about quality. Are all of the classic truck venders’ pretty much the same when it comes to parts quality? Do some of the venders actually manufacture their own parts or do they all basically outsource from overseas?

Since I only plan to do the rebuild on my ’57 once, I’d like to get the best parts possible, so any experience or recommendations with regard to vendors and the quality of their parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In advance.
Nikotrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Scottshotrods

Re: Quality Parts

We can help you out with Dynacorns product line.The parts you have listed we can get you taken care of on.The best thing about this is they are 5 min from us.Once your order is placed with us we will place a order with Dynacorn and then we will go pick it up and ship it to you or you can drive up here and pick it up from our shop.

Justin

(805)485-0382

Last edited by Scottshotrods; 09-17-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
zenchal26

LMC worked for me
zenchal26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottshotrods View Post
We can help you out with Dynacorns product line.The parts you have listed we can get you taken care of on.The best thing about this is they are 5 min from us.Once your order is placed with us we will place a order with Dynacorn and then we will go pick it up and ship it to you or you can drive up here and pick it up from our shop.

Justin

(805)485-0382
I don't know Justin or Scotts but I have both sold and installed Dynacorn and the other major brand panels. I don't retail them any longer but if I do need panels it Dynacorn first and the other only if Dynacorn doesn't make it. Dynacorn just fits better with less fudging. The price is more but the difference in what you get is much more, corners are better, easier to install and the steps are by far better and come with the proper bracing and gage.

If you get corners then get the steps from the same brand so it all lines up.

I consider Dynacorn restoration grade and the other major brand as crash parts or rust panels for the "budget" minded.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
robin58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikotrans View Post
• Windshield
• Weather-stripping
Windshield: don't overlook your local friendly windshield store. You'd be surprised how many can get it for you and save you a fortune in shipping costs.

Weatherstripping / Rubber: Steele Rubber. No ifs ands or buts imho.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #6
buggy5872

Just watch the windshields are of good quality. bought one for my 57. Came from mexico, very thin, wrong shape......ended up busted laying on the floor of the garage after about an hour fighting it. 15 minutes later, I had an original windshiled in with no issues.
1957 3100 with 59 fleetside bed
1957 5700 LCF Crew Cab "Big Bertha",1959 GMC F370
1958 GMC 600, 1946 Chevy, 1959 Viking 60 LCF
1974 Elcamino SS, 1979 6500 GMC Tilt Bed Wrecker
Big Bertha Build
buggy5872 is offline   Reply With Quote