The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
dads longhorn

Talking MN Da-Burbs place

I made it to MN last weekend to Da-Burbs place to pick up 2 hubcaps. He's great! He has parts old, new and I recommend him. He was recommended to me by folks on this board when I asked about MN salvage yards not to miss. I've attached a pic of the hubcaps, I polished them and they still need a bit of paint. Thanks Da-Burb!!!!! And yes, he has a great ochre burb!!
Attached Images

dads longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: MN Da-Burbs place

Da-Burb is a great guy.He's like a kid when it comes to these trucks.I don't think it's a great "burb",more like great "Burb"s",last I knew he had several,although the "Ochre" one is a great truck.And he and Lisa are great folks just to be around.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Gee,must be nice to run from New Mexico to Minnesota just for hubcaps. Where next, Alabama for a wiper knob?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
dads longhorn

Oh, you know, anything for dads truck!! ha ha ha . It worked out perfectly, wedding in Mankato that I had to attend, Da-Burbs place is near the major airport in Minneapolis. Anyone from beautiful whitefish, MT have a lock for a bedside toolbox? just kidding.

Lisa was very nice too. His dogs are named chevy and jimmy (GMC)
Old 09-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
special-K
Special Order

It's cool when such connections are made. It's very cosmic,you know? Glad you found the caps your truck so rightly deserved.

I've been to Massachusetts (Rustbuster) for a 36 year old axle,then stopped in at the Jersey Showa (JC) for buddy buckets and 327. Then,there was the time I drove to Pensacola (Hart Rob) for a truck frame,by way of Atlanta (72 Vette) for a GMC grille,but had to abort the leg up to SW Virginia (Bills Bowtie) for the bed due to a rear end problem with the frame on the dolly...had to turn it backwards...not fun. I did make it to Bills Bowtie's place in '05 for a cab,though. The first I went to JC's was for a set of aluminum 16.5s. These parts get around and so do we. In the process we get to meet great people and see different places. It's not so bad having an old truck after all.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Yeah, kevin is a good guy to deal with. Been there a couple times myself...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #7
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

Thanks Julie, It was a pleasure meeting you. I am glad I was able to help you find the hub caps for you and your "Dad's Longhorn". And congrats to you for winning the "customer who traveled the furthest distance" award of 2012. I take it the TSA didn't have a problem with carry on hub caps?

This is the best part of what this board can do. You get to meet truck minded people all across this country and world. Kevin aka DA-burb

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
Mid-West GM Truck Restoration Parts Supplier
Your Key Parts, Auto Metal Direct, Dynacorn,
and Goodmark dealer.
like us @ www.facebook.com/BowtieTruckStop

1971 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1971 K-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 C-10 Suburban (Ochre)
1972 K-20 Suburban (Yellow- that just aint right!)

Springfield, Minnesota 56087
da-burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
dads longhorn

Exclamation Re: MN Da-Burbs place

Special k , you got it bad!! But I think many on this board are on the same boat, we love our trucks and enjoy/need that connection to other like minded folks. It's great, I've met several folks on here who are chevy truck fanatics and ive learned a lot from them. If you ever get to NM look me up. Kevin, thanks again. I'd travel there anytime! MN is pretty and you were a great help. TSA didn't bother me at all! (they didn't like the salami roll though, guess it looked like something bad).look me up if you get down this way. Ahh, what do I need now and where do I want to go?!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

At least you didn't have a LHM moment with the TSA.I'm sure you would have posted that.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
special-K
Special Order

My neighbor offered to give me a truck load of N.O.S. parts,but I turned it down. Too close and I already met him a long time ago.

Tim

Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
dads longhorn

ha ha ha, yeah, you need to travel to get your parts from a stranger. "A truckload of NOS parts"...Ooooo, wouldn't that be nice! There's a big swap meet this weekend I may travel to about 1.5 hours away. hey sounds too close to home after all this!

PanelDeland what's a "LHM Moment"
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads longhorn View Post
ha ha ha, yeah, you need to travel to get your parts from a stranger. "A truckload of NOS parts"...Ooooo, wouldn't that be nice! There's a big swap meet this weekend I may travel to about 1.5 hours away. hey sounds too close to home after all this!

It may only be 1.5 hours away,but if you don't really need anything then it makes perfect sense.

LHM = Longhorn Man,the all time most posts holding member who oddly enough hasn't been posting here for months. I think Deland is referring to when he went from Ohio to Washington state and drove a Suburban back.

Tim

Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I was thinking of LHM and the TSA but either are good stories.Here's the one I was thiking of

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=322870
Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
dads longhorn

wow, what a great story and pics. Thanks for the link! Yeah, i can see how the TSA would be interested in his cooler, and I'm glad I don't have anything to do with those folks, yet!!!! I'm glad to hear they were serious about their jobs though.
I've noticed that longhorn man hasn't posted in a long time.

I'd love a road trip like that. I had a mini one where I drove dads 1971 longhorn from Pocatello, Id to Santa Fe, NM over 3 days back in 2008. The truck did very well. The only issue was at 12,000 feet elevation passing over the rockies there was a smell of gas, not enough oxygen up that high to burn well. The smell went away as I came back down. It was fun trip.

Probably not going to the swap meet, I don't need much and what I do need I can find thru this web site. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #15
mrein3

Did you make it to French Lake while you were down that way?
Posted via Mobile Device
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
dads longhorn

No I didn't. Just a matter of timing, missed phone calls, my allowable time, etc. Maybe next time. I was on a very tight time line.

I love the color of your turquoise truck on your avatar.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
special-K
Special Order

I think the TSA expects to see everyone leaving MN to be carrying a salami roll. They probably search everyone who isn't carrying one. That trip from Idaho is one I hope to make one day. As you know my sister lives in Santa Fe. Well,another lives in Idaho Falls. Actually,she has a house there and is renting it (just remembered). She is now up in Targhee. That high altitude can play havoc on a carburetor.

Tim

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
dads longhorn

Tim when you make that trip let me know, I'd like meet you. Don't do it winter though.

I don't need to travel to get parts! I used the link provided in another message /post to order u15r replacement wiper rubber inserts off eBay. Should be here in a week or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #19
Vintage Windmills
Vintage 4x4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Do they have 67-72 stuff there? I drive by it from time to time.

67 GMC K1500 Custom- 305V6 SM420, PTO, Ram Assist, yellow (the outcast) (project period correct upgrades)
67 GMC C2500 351V6 TH400, AC, PS, PB (can't decide what to do with. Update, decided to keep and will restore )
86 CHV K30 502 th400, apple red NEW
71 CHV K20 350 SM465, ochre (saved work truck)
71 CHV K20 292 SM465, white, tach, PTO, (future project)
72 CHV K20 350 350th, medium blue (project stocker)
01 CHV K2500hd crew, indigo blue

^3 dont run and the others don't see winter either
'86 K30 Cummins "Fireside" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=649649
'71 K20 "get driveable" thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=590642
'72 K20 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=493477&page=6
Vintage Windmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

French Lake used to be a parts Mecca for 67-72. At one point a few decades ago they had 40+ Blazers alone. They had external tire carriers, buckets, consoles, tilts, you name it. The next year they were all crushed. This was 15-20 years ago. They still manage to find some old stuff from time to time. It just isn't like it was in the 90's. The good news is, this time of year is a great time to visit their yard.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
and Goodmark dealer.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #21
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Kevin is great guy, I got to meet him years back. Good to see you back on here Kevin!!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Tim when you make that trip let me know, I'd like meet you. Don't do it winter though.
I'd be sure to look you up if I get out there. Yeah,traveling up that way in winter could be more adventure than I care for. Although I've always thought Santa Fe would be a nice place to be for Christmas. I have done some traveling in the west during "the off season" and had some sketchy moments,too.
I don't need to travel to get parts! I used the link provided in another message /post to order u15r replacement wiper rubber inserts off eBay. Should be here in a week or so.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrein3 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Windmills View Post
Do they have 67-72 stuff there? I drive by it from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da-burb View Post
French Lake used to be a parts Mecca for 67-72. At one point a few decades ago they had 40+ Blazers alone. They had external tire carriers, buckets, consoles, tilts, you name it. The next year they were all crushed. This was 15-20 years ago. They still manage to find some old stuff from time to time. It just isn't like it was in the 90's. The good news is, this time of year is a great time to visit their yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup View Post
Kevin is great guy, I got to meet him years back. Good to see you back on here Kevin!!
And I envisioned a picturesque serene lake!

Tim

Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #23
Sequoyah
so easy a caveman can do it...

Quote:
Tim when you make that trip let me know, I'd like meet you.
Posted via Mobile Device

for sure...let me know too. We'll have a NM welcoming party with other board members too.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242380
Sequoyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #24
da-burb
"Ochre Ogre"

special-K...."And I envisioned a picturesque serene lake! "
French Lake, the lake, is just across the road and a little further north of the "French Lake" auto yard.

Bowtie Truck Stop Inc.
and Goodmark dealer.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
HotRod C/10

Quote:

I found a few good parts at the swapmeet.......it was a big one!

-1976 SILVERADO
YUBA GOLD/NEUTRAL (2-TONE)
HotRod C/10 is offline   Reply With Quote