The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
bigdlb12

LED lights ???

Good morning all, i am looking for some help

I have seen the LED turn signal assembly lights for the front of the 60-66 chevy trucks on LMC and Brothers and also the rear LED Brake/Turn signals too. Both are around $100 a pair

Lets say I buy the front LED turn signals and plan on buying the rear LED brake/turn assembly later

I know I would have to change out my flasher to an electronic flasher

Do I have to change out my brake/turn signal lights in the back to a led brake light bulb?

or can I still continue to use my regular incandescent light bulbs for the back with the LED's in the front?

Also, has anyone tried using LED lights bulbs (not the assembly) all the way around their vehicle?

I heard from one guy that it would keep on popping fuses and bulbs, but I am not sure if this is due to the LED bulbs or just maybe the fact that he had a short somewhere.

I love the brightness of the LED's but I also love the clear front turn signals I have, the LED front turn signals only come in amber color, not clear.

Do you guys know where to buy these front turn signals and rear brake/turn LED lights cheaper than LMC or Brothers?
bigdlb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
bigdlb12

Re: LED lights ???

Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
tincan1966

Those prices are not bad for exact fit replacements or conversion kits.

You shouldn't have any problems with bulb failure, either, if all circuits are connected properly and grounded.

We recently ran LED in both front and rear of one of our projects, also used the small LED for instrument lighting and dome lamp. All worked really good, almost no amperage draw with everything on and the light was great.

Some of these items are not worth trying to find the cheapest part you can find. Do it once with decent products and be done with it.

here's a source we use- not the cheapest, but been very reputable for us-no bad experiences and the products have been good.

www.superbrightleds.com

hope that helps
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
bigdlb12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tincan1966 View Post
Those prices are not bad for exact fit replacements or conversion kits.

You shouldn't have any problems with bulb failure, either, if all circuits are connected properly and grounded.

We recently ran LED in both front and rear of one of our projects, also used the small LED for instrument lighting and dome lamp. All worked really good, almost no amperage draw with everything on and the light was great.

Some of these items are not worth trying to find the cheapest part you can find. Do it once with decent products and be done with it.

here's a source we use- not the cheapest, but been very reputable for us-no bad experiences and the products have been good.

www.superbrightleds.com
hope that helps
Thanks man, this does help, I have been looking for the brake lights in LED, I know they are the same as trailer lights, the small rounds tail lights for brake/turn with LP light and at $25 each, it is cheaper than the LMC $40 per each lens...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-rl/1111/2629/
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
forestb

I have the led bulbs in the rear and the regulars in the front and they work great. I don't like the look of the lenses with all the little leds on them. You are going to need the amber bulbs anyway. If you are going with clear lenses in the front you will need them to be amber bulbs to keep it legal and the lights are brighter if you use the same color bulb behind the same color lens. If you use a white bulb behind a colored lens it filters out some of the light and makes it dimmer. It sounds counter intuitive but I am pretty sure it is true.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
westcoast5

too bad they dont make one for the GMC's Ive been waiting for that one.
westcoast5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
tincan1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast5 View Post
too bad they dont make one for the GMC's Ive been waiting for that one.

I made my own for the GMC turn signals. I can some for you if you want. Just PM me.

Sorry but in the pics my lens is broken, hadn't gotten the new ones yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by tincan1966; 09-25-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added pictures
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote