The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
67ZL1

Carpet for back of cab

Just wondering what everyone's doing when they relocate their fuel tanks. I've been using the search function but not much info for our series of trucks. I just figured that there should be a demand for these carpet panels seeing how guys have been doing this conversion for quite some time. Any info would be appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device
67ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
midniteblues

Re: Carpet for back of cab

If i was going to do this i would fab my own panels out of wood and fiberglass and use the tank mounting holes for securing it and of course make it too hold some amps and speakers and use the universel carpet from wally world and some spray glue too cover it

maybe even just some sound deadner with the carpet glued on that but if it were me all that space would require speakers
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
kaycee

I had a piece of old paneling from the house then went to Wal-mart and got a piece of the black auto carpet.The one that is like$15 and some 3M spray glue,cut the paneling to fit the cab and then spray glue both pieces and mate together.Put in a half dozen or so interiour screws and wahlaa.If you take your time and look at the back of cab you can see where to put he screws so they wont go through the back of cab.Total cost was like $30 give or take a dollar
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Agent915

Did almost the exact same thing as kaycee on my '96 SWB Sportside. Main difference was I used 1/4" cabinet grade plywood and industrial hook and loop to secure it. I did this mod after converting from the couch to buckets. I didn't like the fact it looked unfinished because you could see the rear cab panel between the seats. Now, it looks like it came from GM this way. Dirt cheap mod too! One unexpected benefit was how much it reduced the noise level in the cab. I think I posted some before/after pics on fullsizechevy.com.

Danny
Agent915 is offline   Reply With Quote