The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
garykirby25

Just My Luck

So im getting so frustrated with people, Clayton's Racing built me a 540 bbc short block that took 9 months longer than he said. I should have learn my lesson, unfortunately I did not. On March 12, I ordered a set of 325cc Airflow Research Heads from him thinking that all he has to do is order them, and they would drop ship to me, or at least thats what he told me. Corey the owner of CLAYTON RACING was nice and always had a reason why it was taking so long. Two weeks ago he said he would have a tracking number for me. Corey always called me right back, and now for two weeks no call back. I can only think he's stealing from me, I've found other post where others are having the same problems. I just don't get it. Im a High school coach and I teach kids responsibility, dependability, and honesty. I'm so pissed almost a months worth of salary down the drain. So after the Good Guys show yesterday, I'm not giving up. This is my dream truck and somehow it will be built. Here some pictures of some of the parts that are waiting on the heads..... Just praying and hoping that Claytons Racing will do the right thing. This is a lot of money for a teacher who has been saving trying to build his dream truck; so in the end I hope one way or the other the right thing will be done!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
trac209

Re: Just My Luck

sadly we tend to figure all gearhead guys are a good bunch but like anything else there are bad apples. good luck I hope you get your heads without too much hassle.
trac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Beetle

People suck, sorry to hear about your troubles. Get on Yelp and call up the Better Business Bureau. I had to call up the BBB once to get parts I ordered on a shop I was dealing with, and needless to say they are out of business now. Get on all the boards you can and warn people of this shop to save others. And good luck I hope you get your heads and get this truck rolling so you can lay some rubber!
68 Step
Trucks Sold: 70 GMC, 72 K5
Members met: Andy4639 GCncsuHD CSGAS zicc1835 hotrod farm truck Mingrao Bhelton brenthiggins
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #4
garykirby25

Update:

Corey from Clayton Racing called Friday and told me he wasn't trying to rip me off. If I wanted my money back he would refund my money. I told him that it would be the best thing. He said he would do it over the weekend and send it to me. So it turned into a 7 month loan that i didn't get any interest off of but i might get my money back. This time I'll call AFR direct and get my heads.
I'll let y'all know if I get my money back.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
aggieguy713

sorry to hear about your troubles...i know in graham there isnt a way to hardly get anything quick..i used to live over in breckenridge. good luck to ya man.