The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
Vtec2V8

My newest project

Whelp i've had the truck for about 1 month now. Ive driven it plenty to find all the bugs, found all of the rust, and now have a plan of attack. Here goes

Here lies the newest project:

The picture before the Guy on his tire bachelor party

It has a 350 SBC 4 Bolt main, Edlebrock performer intake manifold and a 660 WEBER 4bbl carb. Other than the MT valve covers. Those are the only engine mods i have found. It has a 3 spd on the floor (Hurst).

What ive found bad:
Typical rust floor pans, rocker panels bottoms of doors and driverside front wheel well
Blown HG
Carb is running WAY TO RICH
Speedo no worky! Cables a fudged
Gas gauge no worky! Need new sending unit
Needs new throw out bearing, Thats a noise little bugger
Needs new rings and bore, if i decide to use this motor
388 heads
Few dents in the bed.

My plans:

I just so happened picked up a 355 for free with 041 heads that ive recently had rebuilt. New everything.

I recently bought a COMP Cams 12-211-2, New lifters, new timing chain set, new bearings, new rings, new oil pump, new water pump, full felpro gasket set.

The guy who bought all of my honda stuff is a friend of mine, he also does alot of body and paint, im thinking of a dark red coral crystal.

Im starting this whole build next week.

Ill post more pictures of it later, also keep this thread updated.
Vtec2V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Vtec2V8

Re: My newest project

Today marks Day 1 in my project, ive yet to come up with a name for this truck, I was thinking Memphis Bell, just because that was one badass machine in its time. This will be one badass machine when im done with it as well. I can only work on this truck a few hours a day, damn sun is going down sooner and sooner so ill be working under the lights. Woohoo.

I got the seat, carpet, and some kind of sound dampening rubber bubble wrap up off the floor. Found a few rust spots, not to many actually, i was surprised to find so little. When i purchased the truck it came with new cab corners from LMC and new rocker panels as well, half the work is done for me already.

The seat isnt all to bad, except for the one hole.

Carpet out and this stuff too

You can see some of the rust ill have to fix now, i removed the rocker panel too

Someone fixed some already, I will be replacing the floor pans too.

Its my sunday truck...HOLY

Here are some other little things that im gonna hve to fix

I promised some more pictures of the C10

Unknown Engine size

More progress to come....i hope
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
70cst

Hey Vtec2V8 ...

to the forums and from Ohio. Thanks for the pics. Looks like you have made some good progress

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Vtec2V8

Well its been sometime since ive had an update on now dubbed "HALF TON OF FUN". So here ya go

Newly done seat

Redid the gauge cluster

Before, Sorry for the bad picture. I was an idiot and didnt think of taking a good before picture.

After
Repainted tins, Red led 194 replacements. Only half of them work right now. Once i get all the lights to work, ill post a night picture.

I dropped my engine to be machined last week and should have it back within the week and in within the month. Only if the weather allows me to. Im hoping to have more done weather permitting soon. O by the way, this sight ROCKS!

Thanks,
Dustin