The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
Dachdu69C10

New Member!

Hey guys, my name is Dallas I'm new to this forum and to these trucks. I bought a 69 C10 Custom about 3 months ago from a really cool guy who had the truck for 10 years and drove it everyday for most of the time he owned the truck. It was parked on a busy street and the salt got it good. Ive always loved these trucks since i was a little kid and i think this one is a keeper. Anyway I've got big plans for her so far i have replaced the bed with a rust free mostly straight bed, and I'm probably going to replace the cab also. Both rockers are shot, as well as the cab corners, the driver side floor is almost gone, the sail panels are rusted out where the floor used to be on both sides lol, and the roof by the windshield has some holes, the floor braces are shot, and the doors are hard to close. But in the spring I'm going to put a fresh Stroker in her, The engine in it now could use a rebuild there is a receipt for the motor being put in, in 92 which is the year i was born haha. I'm also going to lower it 4/5? And swap it to disks at some point but I'm starting school in spring so I'm getting alot of my parts off craigslist. I'm Not making a show truck here I this is gonna be a long term project and I plan on having fun with it.

This is my motor i power washed it and added the Edelbrock Torker manifold and edelbrock 1406 Carb(Huge
mistake it has almost no torque and im worried its going to ruin my Carb because it runs so lean and will backfire through the Carb)

My Pull and save seat!

And how it sits for now, Given the mistakes I've made on the motor, its pretty much parked until spring When
ill be swapping the motor to a more reliable setup.

I have a new to me grille, and some staggered chrome smoothie rims in my room. Whats a good product for polishing the grille on these trucks?
Also how are the aftermarket sport bumpers and window gaskets
for these trucks?

Thanks in Advance
Dachdu69C10 is offline   Reply With Quote