The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
qadeem

LMC door panels?

Any one tried LMC's 77-80 replacement door panels? My original door panels are faded, but it isn't hard to find nice used pair locally and repaint them. Just wondering if any one tried them would give a feedback about the material "Better/Worse" or if any one had problems fitting the original center and outer door panel trim on them!! I'm already putting new carpet, dash pad, etc. Want everything to look original as possible.

Thanks
qadeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
96twodoor

Re: LMC door panels?

X2 Im curious as well
96twodoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
wileecoyote427

i used a set from Year One they were 81-87 panels but they fit good but didnt last whater they used to paint them with wore off pretty quick on dr door and they cracked on the top
wileecoyote427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
qadeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileecoyote427 View Post
i used a set from Year One they were 81-87 panels but they fit good but didnt last whater they used to paint them with wore off pretty quick on dr door and they cracked on the top

I heard that they have changed their panels to a better quality couple months ago. Maybe the 80s style was made from a different material?? Don't know. One of my guys recommended the 77-80 style and did not have any troubles!! They look as original but you feel the difference when you grab them. They also come with colors that are different than the factory especially for 79 and 80 and some from earlier models too, which you have to repaint to mach, and that what I'm planning to do.

I bought a pair 2 days ago. I'll post pics as soon as I receive them. Of course before spraying them

Thanks
qadeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
bark

how did you make out with the lmc panels??? I am needing a set, and would like to know the quality of them

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadeem View Post
I heard that they have changed their panels to a better quality couple months ago. Maybe the 80s style was made from a different material?? Don't know. One of my guys recommended the 77-80 style and did not have any troubles!! They look as original but you feel the difference when you grab them. They also come with colors that are different than the factory especially for 79 and 80 and some from earlier models too, which you have to repaint to mach, and that what I'm planning to do.

I bought a pair 2 days ago. I'll post pics as soon as I receive them. Of course before spraying them

Thanks
bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
Tdubbyount

Ive recently bought a set and they were just okay. They fit alright, took a little encouraging. They seem to be made out of really cheap plastic though

1957 Chevy long stepper...not sure what I'm doing with that one yet. Awaiting funds I suppose.
Tdubbyount is offline   Reply With Quote