The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
OJ1988
Just a car guy

Thats what trucks are for

Hauled a rick of wood in the ol truck yesterday.

1970 C20 tow rig
OJ1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Shyguy

Re: Thats what trucks are for

It is good seeing a truck at work, so many are not used for what they were intended.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
GRX

Rock On!
Old 10-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Tinkermc

nice looking shop truck
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
OJ1988
Just a car guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermc View Post
nice looking shop truck
Thanks, its my daily driver!
1970 C20 tow rig
Old 10-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
DT1

Reminds me of something that happened decades ago. When I was 20 years old I Bought a brand new C10. It was the first new vehicle I had ever purchased and I was very proud of it. This was back in 1974 so there wasn't anything like a bed liner available so I was extra careful and wouldn't allow anything at all to be placed in the bed. I mean, I really took good care of this truck! I could have drove it to work every day but I opted to take the bus instead of racking up the miles. One afternoon as I was walking home from the bus stop I noticed that someone took the liberty of moving the truck from the garage to the driveway. It was backed in so I didn't notice that my dad had crammed the bed, up to cab level, with nasty elm tree branches. My heart sunk as I approached my once pristine truck. It was literally covered with scratches, gouges and small dents. My dad was a big man so I knew I had to approach him with caution. With a tear in my eye, I asked him if he had ever taken notice of just how well I tried to keep this truck perfect. I asked him if he noticed how much I washed it, waxed it and parked it well away from other vehicles. Just when I thought i was getting through to him, he looked into my eyes and said. "It's a G*D Da**ed Truck! "Use it like a G*D Da**ed Truck!
Although the disappointment took a long time to get over, It changed my view of trucks forever.
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
OJ1988
Just a car guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT1 View Post
Reminds me of something that happened decades ago. When I was 20 years old I Bought a brand new C10. It was the first new vehicle I had ever purchased and I was very proud of it. This was back in 1974 so there wasn't anything like a bed liner available so I was extra careful and wouldn't allow anything at all to be placed in the bed. I mean, I really took good care of this truck! I could have drove it to work every day but I opted to take the bus instead of racking up the miles. One afternoon as I was walking home from the bus stop I noticed that someone took the liberty of moving the truck from the garage to the driveway. It was backed in so I didn't notice that my dad had crammed the bed, up to cab level, with nasty elm tree branches. My heart sunk as I approached my once pristine truck. It was literally covered with scratches, gouges and small dents. My dad was a big man so I knew I had to approach him with caution. With a tear in my eye, I asked him if he had ever taken notice of just how well I tried to keep this truck perfect. I asked him if he noticed how much I washed it, waxed it and parked it well away from other vehicles. Just when I thought i was getting through to him, he looked into my eyes and said. "It's a G*D Da**ed Truck! "Use it like a G*D Da**ed Truck!
Although the disappointment took a long time to get over, It changed my view of trucks forever.
Awsome story, and so true! Its a truck!
1970 C20 tow rig
Old 10-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT1 View Post
That is hilarious. I bet that advice carried over to other areas of your life
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote