The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
paximus

value of a 78 c 10

Can anyone give me some rough idea of what a kelley type blue book price would be for a 1978 chevy c 10 fleetside, just basic stock no AC runs ok, interior is roughed up a bit, a few dents. No rust Arizona vehicle, basiclaly just your average old work truck that runs and isnt real pretty but isnt entirely trashed. Restoration potenbtial is there if you have the money.

What would you say it is worth, obviously whatever someone will pay for it is the straight answer but generally speaking what would this commnity say

Is 2000 too much that is what the guy is asking, I am thinking more like 1200 bucks.
paximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: value of a 78 c 10

the no rust is the value but i do think its a tad overpriced..

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
paximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
Yea I agree, the no rust is the selling point for this truck but it has some big dents and the AC dont work anymore and the inside is rough but it runs solid I am thinking a 2000 dollar truck like this would be a little better than what I am seeing, maybe 1500, we will see whathe says I am meeting him tomorrow and just wanted to arm myself with some opinions on what some of you all might be comfy paying in a situation like that.

Cant seem to make the picture bigger =/

i really want this truck in the morning i just like the 78 for some reason and plus I have a lot of parts for that truck already from another project truck I have.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #4
paximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Rusty C10 View Post
BTW I hate cancer too, I just lost my pop to brain cancer, watched him waste away in a matter of like 3 weeks from a strong former marine drill instructor in to a helpless and hopeless horrible sight to see. I dont think I will ever be able to get that image of my pop out of my head but we have a lot of good memories that maybe will carry me through. CANCER SUCKS! Rip Pop!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
paximus

Maybe I wont fix it up and clean it up and I can start a new trend and enter car shows calling it a "distressed squarebody," being that people are paying good money these days for Levis, hats, shirts etc with holes in them and calling it the "distressed style," maybe it will fly LOL.