The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
agnes the dog

Cragar 616c

Anyone running these wheels?

Cragar 616c in 18 or 20 in chrome or black? I know that some guys don't like the bigger wheels on older trucks, but I really do. Just wondering how they would look on a 55-59.

I'm at a crossroad and need to pick a direction - keep the 6 lug set up and go with a drop axle, or change over to 5 lug and change everything.... I'm leaning toward the 6 lug so I can keep my current 15" smoothies for winter.

If you have any opinions on the benefits or drawbacks of either method, please let me know. I want to lower the truck (at least 3 front and 2 rear, but probably more) and really don't want to break the bank doing it. I live in Indiana where the roads aren't bad, but are definitely not worthy of laying a truck on the ground. My welding skills are zero (never tried) and I have very limited metal working skills and tools. Air ride would be cool, but it seems to be expensive and requires a lot of tools that I don't have yet.

I see that wheel choice is likely the primary reason to go with the 5 lug. I have seen the front disc kits available in the 6 lug, so that's really a wash.

If you have a suggestion on where to look for the 6 lug bigger wheels or pics of trucks that kept the 6 lugs, please let me know.

I apologize if this has been covered in other threads, but the search engine on this forum is not what I'm used to.

Thanks,

JJ
agnes the dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
meter swinger

Re: Cragar 616c

Dont have any pics. Check with the photoshop forum, thos guys may be able to help you.
Posted via Mobile Device
meter swinger is offline   Reply With Quote