The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
GEARBOXGARAGE

Power Steering Pump

Power steering pump kit with mounting bracket, chrome pulley and high pressure howe included. Asking $100 o.bo.

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images

GEARBOXGARAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
GEARBOXGARAGE

Re: Power Steering Pump

Bump
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
jb9281

What year is this pump? Metric or standard threads? What is your best price?
jb9281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
GEARBOXGARAGE

It came in a power steering conversion kit from REZ Engineering that is specific for '60-'66 trucks. We used the frame mounting bracket to mount the power steering gear box, but didn't need the pump because a March kit was used on the engine. It's for a V-8, I believe standard thread, but I can double check. $100 shipped would be the best price.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
jb9281

Did you check to see if the hoses were metric? What is the best price? Send me a private email if you like.
jb9281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #6
GEARBOXGARAGE

Hose size is standard, $100 shipped (free shipping) is the best price. Thank you
Old 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
65TRUK

Do you know if the pump pulley is set up for a short water pump arrangement? Could you also post a back picture showing what the mounting bracket looks like? Thanks,
65TRUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
GEARBOXGARAGE

I believe it is for a short pump, as it came in a power steering conversion kit specifically for '60-'66 C10's. Here are some various pics for you to look over.

Thanks,

Mike
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #9
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

That is one of the brackets used in the '68-'72's with a small block, which all had the short water pump.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #10
GEARBOXGARAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
That is one of the brackets used in the '68-'72's with a small block, which all had the short water pump.
Yes, it will work on 67-72 trucks as well. As mentioned above, we bought a p.s. conversion kit for a '66 but ended up putting a March pulley kit on the engine. http://www.thegearboxgarage.com/Suspension.html Here are a few pics of it in the link.

I may have an extra frame bracket to mount the box, If any one is interested, I will throw that in with the items above for $15, or sell it seperate for $25 shipped. Last I checked they were going for around $80 from several different vendors.

Last edited by GEARBOXGARAGE; 02-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
hop sing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE View Post
Power steering pump kit with mounting bracket, chrome pulley and high pressure howe included. Asking $100 o.bo.

Thanks,

Mike
dont know if u got my pm ?,, but ill take it let me know how u want payment thx hop
hop sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #12
GEARBOXGARAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop sing View Post
dont know if u got my pm ?,, but ill take it let me know how u want payment thx hop
Yup, got your pm, thought I sent a reply. Sorry if you didn't get it. I found a frame mount bracket last night for '60-'66 to mount a power steering gear box and was asking $15 with the pump/bracket kit, or seperate for $25 shipped. I will post a pic tonight if you are interested in that as well. If not, I will just try to sell it seperate. PAYPAL works good for me. I'll send you a pm for payment info.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
GEARBOXGARAGE

Found the frame bracket. It was tacken off of a '64. The brown that is showing where the paint chipped off isn't rust, it looks to be a red oxide primer. Wouldn't take much to sand blast and give a fresh coat of paint.
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
GEARBOXGARAGE

Quote:
hop sing has first dibs on the pump as he was the first to offer payment. Bracket is still up for sale.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
GEARBOXGARAGE

Pump Sold. I'll put up a new listing for the bracket. I have some parts going to powder coat soon, so I'll throw that in to have it freshened up.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #16
hop sing

Quote:
hi capt ,i wanted to ask a ? i picked up this pump from gearboxgarage,, are there two styles of pulleys the chrome one that came w/it doesnt work ,it looks like to me it needs 1" or so back spacing to line up with the crank groove pulley it is a 2 groove it almost looks like a 2 grove p/s pulley off a long pump set up would work ? any help much appreciated mahalo hop
Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Do you have a small block with a short water pump? Do you have the correct crank pulleys? I'm not aware of more than one single groove power steering pump pulley for the short water pump small block.

Quote:
hi capt ,i wanted to ask a ? i picked up this pump from gearboxgarage,, are there two styles of pulleys the chrome one that came w/it doesnt work ,it looks like to me it needs 1" or so back spacing to line up with the crank groove pulley it is a 2 groove it almost looks like a 2 grove p/s pulley off a long pump set up would work ? any help much appreciated mahalo hop
Old 06-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
hop sing

Quote:
Do you have a small block with a short water pump? Do you have the correct crank pulleys? I'm not aware of more than one single groove power steering pump pulley for the short water pump small block.
thx captn yes its a sbc w/s/pump it had single groove crank pulley replaced w/correct 2 groove.
,thats what i thought one pump pulley ,the chrome pulley i got with it is pretty much flat ,,there is a lot of room on hub of pump for a pulley with a small offset 1/2' maybe 3/4" ,when i get into the shop tomorrow i'll take a pic ,i got it installed thx a lot capnt aloha
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
hop sing

Quote:
thx captn yes its a sbc w/s/pump it had single groove crank pulley replaced w/correct 2 groove.
,thats what i thought one pump pulley ,the chrome pulley i got with it is pretty much flat ,,there is a lot of room on hub of pump for a pulley with a small offset 1/2' maybe 3/4" ,when i get into the shop tomorrow i'll take a pic ,i got it installed thx a lot capnt aloha
got some pics capt thx sorry i am not a photographer for sure but i think i got the angle thx again hop
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #20
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You do not have the correct crank pulley. You need one with one more groove further out. The original pulleys had one groove right against the balancer. Then a space, and then a groove for the PS. The trucks that had AC used the middle groove.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #21
hop sing

Quote:
You do not have the correct crank pulley. You need one with one more groove further out. The original pulleys had one groove right against the balancer. Then a space, and then a groove for the PS. The trucks that had AC used the middle groove.
thx bruddah was wondering i ordered it off ebay mistake ,,mahalo guess four eyes are better than two,,,oh u wouldn't happen to have one ?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #22
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'll have to look and see if I have any extra crank pulleys.

Here is a nice made in USA 3 groove aluminum crank pulley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Block-...#ht_2243wt_786

Quote:
thx bruddah was wondering i ordered it off ebay mistake ,,mahalo guess four eyes are better than two,,,oh u wouldn't happen to have one ?

Last edited by Captainfab; 06-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
hop sing

Quote:
I'll have to look and see if I have any extra crank pulleys.

Here is a nice made in USA 3 groove aluminum crank pulley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Small-Block-...#ht_2243wt_786
thx capt found it last night and ordered it thx Is the one i got for alt and smog pump ? just wondering thx again
Old 06-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #24
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

With the 3 groove crank pulley, you only use 2 of the grooves unless you have AC. The groove closest to the balancer is for the Alt, and the 3rd groove is for the PS pump. I'm not sure if the 2nd groove on a 2 groove pulley would be used for a air (smog) pump. I've never had a short water pump small block with the air pump.

Quote:
thx capt found it last night and ordered it thx Is the one i got for alt and smog pump ? just wondering thx again
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
GEARBOXGARAGE

Captainfab - thanks for steppin' in and helping out! Been busy and haven't had a chance to get back to this thread.