The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
lsxponcho

Green Mile

Well, I guess its time for me to start a build thread. Ive always dug the sqaure body style as my first truck was a 78 reg cab that my dad help me build up. I have a soft spot for this truck in particular since it was my Dads. He originally came up with the name Green Mile. We joked about how damn long the truck was, and for years i tried to convince him to turn it into a dually. Never the less, it stayed in this state for a long time (minus the duramax wheels), and was reliable as hell. Ive borrowed the truck from time to time to get work done around my place, and since his passing ive inherited it and use it as much as i can.

Well we all know how long things last in there current state. I was ruined after looking at pics of other guys crew cab short box conversions. So out came the tools, and out with the old box. The kids thought this was cool.

....and out came the knife

I found myself an 82 short box parts rig and donated the box to a good cause

lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote