The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2003, 07:00 PM   #1
Dropt72Shortbed

how long does it take to have insurance claims paid out by USPS?

update on my tach/air dash that i bought off ebay...

well its still not here. ive been in contact with the seller and all the other packages he shipped have arrived a long time ago. it is approaching the 30 day period usps makes you wait before filing an insurance claim and the seller is being helpful and has already picked up the paperwork in case we have to file a claim

im just wondering how long these claims take to get resolved. i tried to get information over usps 800 number but that got me no where. i was a little disheartened when i heard that the insurance claims office for usps had a "please press 1 if you have not been paid out for a claim you've already filed" as the first option on their phone line..... makes it sound like im never gonna get my money back!

so if anyones made a claim through usps, how long did it take before the post office paid you out?

damn im pissed off.... slammed67 your damn lucky i outbid you on that tach/air dash, look at the trouble ive had...
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
onetoncrewcab
One of my kids. Cute eh?

Good Luck.
When I was selling on ebay, I finally just quit shipping stuff by USPS. I used UPS whenever possible (especially expensive items). I had a couple of things lost through USPS and I went through the paperwork hassle once. I never did receive a check, but I didn't keep on them about it either. I think it was a $40 or $50 item.

I'd almost rather have all my fingers smashed with a hammer than deal with the USPS.
Mike

John 3:16
2006 Chevy HHR
2000 Dodge Durango
1985 Jeep CJ-7
1970 Chevy Pickup
onetoncrewcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #3
Dropt72Shortbed

un****ingbelievable

they just delivered it 5 min ago, took them over 3 weeks to get a damn guage cluster to me!!

the seller shipped multiple packages on the same day and they all arived 1-2 weeks ago according to the seller, what the hell happend on this one...

well now i better go open it knowing my luck they probably smashed it or broke it somehow!!
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote