The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Bierkan

Front Cab Mount

OK, discovered today that the front cab is not secured to the frame. There are pucks between the cab and frame, but the threaded bolt has no nut holding it to the frame. I can't see how to get at the top of the bolt, the cab side, to hold it while I install nuts onto the screw. Is there supposed to be an access door from the cab? What am I missing?

BTW, this truck has been "running" for almost 30 years this way. The few times I drove it before the tear down it felt like the cab was rolling off the frame. Well, I guess it was!

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

1950 3100 on a 1972 C10 Chassis

Truck Blog

Motorcycle Blog
Bierkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
msaintg

Re: Front Cab Mount

I am not sure I understand your question, but my cab bolts go all the way through the floor to the top. You can see the head of the bold in the upper left hand corner of this pic. You might just have to clean all of the dirt away to find it.
Mike
Attached Images

msaintg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Bierkan

Re: Front Cab Mount

That helps. I haven't had much time to research it and my repair manual doesn't have many diagrams in it.

I wondered if the bolts went all the way through. The truck is carpeted. Looks like I'm tearing that out - not necessarily a bad thing as the carpet is nasty.

What I see looking up from below the truck is the cab mount bracket welded to the frame, a channel looking piece attached to the cab, and the cab floor. There is a rubber puck between the channel and the cab mount bracket. This is what it looks like from below. Sorry, I didn't get an angled shot showing everything - the headers and running board brackets are in the way.

Name:  1353900036307.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  28.2 KB
Name:  1353900016702.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  26.7 KB

1950 3100 on a 1972 C10 Chassis

Truck Blog

Motorcycle Blog
Bierkan is offline   Reply With Quote