The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Super Post-Cyber-Monday Closeout and Abandoning Resto Thread

Its time to get rid of this stuff that's been sitting around here, some because its left over and been in the way, others because I am looking at giving up on my most recent project and devoting my time to a different truck.

Factory GM Power Mirrors: Drivers side is NOS but I do not have the little plastic lower cover for over the bolts. Passenger side is used and has the plastic cover for over the bolts. $150/pair plus actual shipping.

Passenger side is used and shows some minor wear, has a shallow scratch into the plastic on the lower outside corner as seen in the pics below:

Note: the pic below shows the scratch in the plastic, but the thin line on the very edge of the housing is a reflection of the seams between white sheets of paper it rests on

1.5 Din Sized Woodgrain Dash Bezel, $45 plus shipping. I've decided to stay shaft-style radio in my 2 trucks in the time since purchasing it. No cracked tabs or mounting holes, nice woodgrain without damaged screw holes, minor wear to the silver/chrome paint on the edge of the rings and the letter "L" in lights has worn its silver paint off as can be seen in the pics.

Electronic Speedometer Cluster for 1990-1991 C/K Trucks, $70. This was a spare I'd bought but never needed from when we had the K5 Blazer which was sold in 2007, and I don't see a point in keeping this anymore. Nice clear lens, had one corner cracked off in a tab on the bottom center right side, not where any screws go through, and I snapped a tab off a junk cluster that can go with it if you really want to go through the effort of trimming them and gluing it back on, but serves no purpose I can see to bother doing so. Pics:

Blue 1981-up door panels.
Good/fair condition, perfect for a driver. These are not dried out or crumbling, but do have some light fading and each has an imperfection that would be hidden by an installed armrest in the form of a small piece missing near a bolt hole, and one has a mark from a market on the top. $30/pair

Overhead Console from Suburban/Crew Cab.
I bought this back around 2007 and never ended up using it, but cannot remember the last time I saw one this nice. Has all the elastic holders and velcro strap inside the storage compartments, and no cracks/chips/etc in the surfaces. All the swivel lights rotate, and the only defect of note is that one of the four swivel lights lost a lens. As can be seen, a complete spare panel with a light lens and two swivel lights, with their lenses intact, is also included for spare parts. Some pictures may show some tan/gold grainy looking substance, that is degraded foam backing from the headliner of the truck these parts were removed from that has remained on them to this day. Price: $90 plus shipping

1981-up Center Console.
Although black cupholder area could use repainting to be super nice, still in very good overall condition, can't recall the last time I saw one this nice. Has no cracks at the bottom bolt hole mounts. Lid has two small cracks near the hinged area, one outside on the corner, one inside near the cupholders molded into the underside of the lid. Also has some wear on driver's side from the belt buckle rubbing against it over the years, not visible when installed next to a seat but it is there. The lock mechanism for the lid is not working leaving lid free to open/close and I do not have the key for it at any rate. Price: $40

Woodgrain 1977-1980 Passenger side door trim insert.
Only this one side is available, did not see the other in the shop while cleaning. Very good condition, shows some minor wear/fading as seen in the picture. Price: $15

3.73 ratio matched 12 bolt ring and pinion set.
The ring gear has part number 3817778 11 41 GM 1 65 1 27. Believe this decodes as 11/41 = 3.73 ratio manufactured in January 1965. Pinion has part number 3864623 GM 2 2 65 11 44, believed to decode as 11/41 = 3.73 ratio manufactured February 1965. $40 plus shipping

Carb #1 - Decodes to a 600 CFM Holley - Single fuel line feed $65 + shipping

Carb #2 - Decodes to a 600 CFM Holley - This carb is aluminum lightweight body, has a split double duel line feed as seen. $85 + shipping

Carb #3 - Q-Jet decoded on an online website as being a 1977 with a 750cfm rating on the body, recommend you verify independently to your satisfaction before purchase. $50 + shipping

Carb #4 - Q-Jet decoded on an online website as being a 1980 5.7L with CA Emissions package, recommend you verify independently to your satisfaction before purchase. $40 + shipping

Carb #5 - Rochester 2-Jet "Bay City" carb, decoded on an online website as being a 1974 350 2bbl with AT carb, recommend you verify independently to your satisfaction before purchase. $25 + shipping

Carb #6 - This is an old "2-jet" carb from back in the days when a small tab would be attached to the top indicating what it was from. This tab/tag is long since missing, and thus there is no easy way to truly determine what it was from. May have been an early 60s full-size car since I had a couple of those come through at one time that I still have radios and trim for so it is very possible it was from one of those. $25 + shipping

Final note on all the carbs: I photographed the casting/part numbers for all of these so please verify that you know what you are getting beforehand - I tried to get an idea on their original applications from online resources, BUT, of course I cannot 100% guarantee the accuracy of those web resources so buyer is ultimately responsible.

Nice 1980s style GMC Tailgate: This has to be one of if not the best used tailgate I'd ever seen in person, one of the reasons why I was keeping it.

Condition: The paint has scratches, some of which went all the way through the primer. There was a tailgate protector panel mounted to this that rubbed paint off on the vertical ribs on the inside surface, but these are not dented or bent as close up pictures should show. There is no bowing in the gate top or bottom. There are no indentations across the top of the gate from heavy objects resting on it. Tailgate handle lies level and flush and mechanism works smooth as should be expected. There are 6 small screwholes on the inside surface which faces towards the cab when closed - these were created by the previously mentioned tailgate protector being mounted using self tapping screws. These six holes should show up in the pictures, there is a close up of one with a screw threaded partway back in to draw attention to where/how they are situated. One of the sides have a spot where the GM sticker peeled off so it must have been a replacement at some point.

Price: $150 + shipping, please feel free to pm me with any suggestions on pricing for a genuine GM tailgate in this straight and unabused condition. SOLD

Sport-style Mirror $5 plus shipping

Window Cranks: All are GM parts except I believe the ones with the clear/yellowish knobs to be aftermarket since there are no GM part numbers visible on those.

Suspected Aftermarket? $10/pair

Early 1960s GM with Metal knobs, used a pair of these in one of my trucks for a custom look... $10/pair

$10 for pair with plain black knobs, $5 for one with aluminized insert

$10 for all three, the only plastic ones of the bunch. Get to and keep a spare...

Sierra 2500 for 1980s truck, both mounting studs intact $7

Cab Corner Trim, Has nice paint but two shallow dings in it that could probably be gently worked out easy with a flat hammer...$5

Clear non-hazy instrument cluster lens, for trucks with the idiot lights on the left instead of small gauges $7 (may clean even nicer if polished)

Parts without pics right now:

3.08 ratio matched 10 bolt ring and pinion set.
The ring gear has part number 2 GM 1235126 13 40 7 89. Believe this decodes as 13/40 = 3.08 ratio manufactured in July 1989. Did not see a part number on pinion. $25 plus shipping

Passenger side 1977-1991 style c/k/r/v series truck door for pickup blazer jimmy or suburban. PICK UP OUTSIDE METRO ATLANTA ONLY. Nice and without rust from low mileage Georgia service truck. Has the holes present to install a small sport style mirrors. Parts still attached include the following: vent window assembly (but no large main window that rolls up and down as that broke)all internal manual regulators present and work as they should. includes door handle, no key. Has a driver condition base-level tan door panel and armrest. $60

NOS white folding style mirrors in GM boxes, the style most trucks came with - not the towing mirrors. $80/pair plus shipping.

NOS in GM box sport style rear bumper 81-up in chrome and without wide rubber molding $140

New Aftermarket tail lamps in boxes with metal trim, $20/pr

Air Conditioning System: also have as originally purchased for a 1976 Silverado with 350 new in their boxes the following A/C system parts to add basically everything new outside the climate box: A/C Delco Condenser re-designed with different tube routing for higher 134a efficiency; A/C Delco remanufactured compressor; Both sets of A/C lines new both the pressurized and the liquid line recent manufacturer to prevent 134a leakage permeability; A/C Delco orifice tube; A/C Delco Accumulator. Again, all these parts are all new in packaging never installed. $best offer

Have a box of engine and trans dipsticks, some painted some chrome that I need to determine how to ID as well as a couple water pumps and balancers yet to be cleaned and photo'd.

May also have some tune-up parts and trim in the closet yet, will advise if I missed anything by adding it to the thread...

Last edited by 79 silverado; 01-25-2013 at 01:20 PM.
79 silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
88Jimmy4x4

Re: Super Post-Cyber-Monday Closeout and Abandoning Resto Thread

interested in white mirrors when you get pics, maybe trans dipstick red gm locking style and a/c accumulator if you want to part out (need part #)
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #3
shoob

confused by the post title....are you in GA? if so what part? Im in Jasper GA and am interested in the door panels. also the mirrors if previous poster declines.

thank you.
shoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
ChevySean79

3rd inline for the white mirrors
Posted via Mobile Device
ChevySean79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Pics of the NOS white mirrors. They were labeled for the R/V series trucks which implies they were made somewhere in 1987 or later, likely oem application being a suburban or blazer from 87-91 but that is just my opinion.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoob View Post
confused by the post title....are you in GA? if so what part? Im in Jasper GA and am interested in the door panels. also the mirrors if previous poster declines.

thank you.
All of these goodies are in GA, Social Circle down I-10 to exit 98 to be exact. I have a place here and two places up in the Northeast, just have a limit to how many places I can put in the profile location
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Jimmy4x4 View Post
interested in white mirrors when you get pics, maybe trans dipstick red gm locking style and a/c accumulator if you want to part out (need part #)
Pics are up on the mirrors.

Have one red handled trans dipstick, measured it to be about 31" give or take a little, it was hard to get the rubber tape straight and keep the dipstick from rolling at the same time. Possibly the best bet may be to measure the one you have and see if the length is the same? There are about 2 dozen others but not with the red handle on them. This one the rubber plug that "locks" is in good shape, see pics.

Not parting anything out at all on the A/C stuff, if nobody needed the whole set to put it in a truck that was robbed of it or wanted to have everything new to avoid leaks/issues I'd keep it on the shelf for a later conversion.
Attached Images

Old 11-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
trout

if you find the other wood grain door insert i will get both
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #9
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout View Post
if you find the other wood grain door insert i will get both
I think the one is all there is going to be, I can't remember seeing it for years now so I'm betting it was lost in a move or someone helped themselves to it one night somewhere along the way...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #10
shoob

i was referring to the sport mirrors, lol. i have a set of those white style mirrors in chrome, that i cant stand. came on the truck when i bought it.

social circle.....not far from conyers/covington right? i have a nephew down there, i might send him after those door panels.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #11
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
i was referring to the sport mirrors, lol. i have a set of those white style mirrors in chrome, that i cant stand. came on the truck when i bought it.

social circle.....not far from conyers/covington right? i have a nephew down there, i might send him after those door panels.
Only have one of the little chrome sport mirrors, its 4 pics of the same one in this thread showing all the sides/angles, but, nobody had posted interest before you so if just one helps your cause at all you'd be first in line on it.

As far as location goes you've got it, I'm in the part of town that borders covington and could probably meet one day at the walmart in covington right off I-20 to make things easier if you decide to go that route, just let me know.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
shoob

ill make it worth the trip.....any of the above mentioned carbs known to be bolt on and run...................good? the quadrajunk that came on my rig is leaking fuel from orifaces fuel shouldnt be, and looks to be original......

350/350
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
88Jimmy4x4

for the mirrors......I will do $50 shipped to Houston 77095, otherwise I will pass
88Jimmy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Jimmy4x4 View Post
for the mirrors......I will do $50 shipped to Houston 77095, otherwise I will pass
ChevySean79, you're up on the white NOS mirrors.

$80 is the price, I paid $40 each for them and I'm not selling them for less than I paid. 88Jimmy has said he is no longer interested.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
shoob

bump for working carb?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
79 silverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
ill make it worth the trip.....any of the above mentioned carbs known to be bolt on and run...................good? the quadrajunk that came on my rig is leaking fuel from orifaces fuel shouldnt be, and looks to be original......

350/350
Unfortunately I couldn't in good faith put that kind of a guarantee/label on any of the carbs. All have been on a shelf for several years since the last time fuel was run through them and sometimes the seals/gaskets inside shrink up and dry out once they've had fuel in them and you pull em off. It may be one of them could work out like that but I honestly wouldn't know unless and until they were tried.

Pretty much I was looking at them as something to freshen up before putting on an engine...

but...

I do have a carb, nothing special, where I said "ok" when nephew of mine asked "can I take it apart to see how it works?" Its a run of the mill q-jet and I "think" all the parts are probably there from it, its sitting in a box on the ground under a table... You can have it free if one of y'all want to try a hand at rebuilding one to eventually put on. It's free because it just might need a part or two bought for it from ebay since he may have pocketed or dropped something when he was tinkering, and if nothing else should make a good core body if you want to buy one from a pull a part
Old 11-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
ChevySean79

Ill pass on the mirrors I'm looking for the small tripod kind. Nice pair good luck with the sale
Posted via Mobile Device
ChevySean79 is offline   Reply With Quote