The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board > 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans and PanelsProjects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Chance1125

69 Manburban Build "Old Yeller"

I bought this 69 Burb as my daily driver. I purchased it from a man that bought it brand new in 1968. He used it to haul and push off his top fuel altered drag car. The push bumper is pictured. He drove the truck frequently until his eye sight started going bad last year. The truck is originally from California. I soon found out that the left side freeze plug was rusted out and water poured out the bottom faster than I could pour it in the top. I then decided that I was going to have to get a new motor. The search began. I work as a full time firefighter here locally. I have 3 kids age 4, 2, and 1. Money is tight. VERY TIGHT!!! I found a good small block to purchase. I started to disassemble the front clip of the truck only to find out that it was basically falling off to begin with. His eye sight had apparently been going bad for some time as he had wrecked the truck NUMEROUS times. But it is mine now and I am in love. This is my build thread. It will be slow going, low budget, but fun. I hope you enjoy it.
Attached Images

1932 Ford Tudor Sedan project
1957 Harley Bobber Project
Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554807
Chance1125 is offline   Reply With Quote