The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Martyeth23

Just bought my first Blazer!!! 1970...any thoughts on..

Hey there everybody i joined this site about a month ago when i decided i wanted a classic blazer, after about of month of looking around i finally got one! Its being delivered in 3 days and i am super excited to start playing around with it, any thoughts what i should do? Right now it has a lift, in person i cant tell what size though and the guy on craigslist i bought it from didn't know either, looks to be a 6" to me but since the front fenders have been cut a bit its hard to tell, right now it has 35x12.50R15's i was thinking the first thing i would do would be to go to 37X13.5R170r18, hope they clear or if not throw a little body lift on...any suggestions there? Its running great right now rebuilt 350 with TH400, automatic, it has a fuel cell welded behind the bak seat but no gas gauge...any ideas about how much it might cost me to add a fuel gauge and sensor? Is that a big job? I sadly have very little knowledge about working on cars,but i have a few good friends that are mechanics and love to drink..and luckily i manage a bar here in San Antonio so we normally just swap "services" lol. I was thinking about taking off the steel bumpers the previous owner had on there and going back to the old chrome factory style, any good idea where to order some? Thanks again for any input, I'm brand new to all this and i know there are a lot of members on here with just an incredible wealth of knowledge on the subject so any advice is greatly greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images

Martyeth23 is offline   Reply With Quote