The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Hawks

Some pics of my daily driver 60 c20

I just thought i would share some pictures of my 60 while i have some time. I just got wheel bearings and slave cylinder for christmas and spent all day putting them in. we got the parts from LMC and it turns out the bearings are PLASTIC! i couldnt believe it. How long are they going to last? I hope they hold up. I drive the truck every day and use it like a truck. I still run all the orginal suspension and brakes. My plans are to one day is to turn it into a dually with stepside fenders and to do the front crossmenber swap with a 70s chevy 1 ton and maybe even drop a big block in it.

Its got a 305 with 283 heads with a 3 speed overdrive. It does alright on gas and power. Im planing on putting a 4 speed in one day one i have the time. Just ignore the speaker laying their in the floor. I haven't decided where i want to mount them.

I installed the vintage guages a while ago. I found them in a box of junk at my dads junkyard. They were new in the box with all the fittings. they had a price tag of 4.49 on them. Very kool! i like them because they look era correct for the truck.

Here are some fender pieces i picked up at a swap meet a few years back. Got all of them for $45 Pretty kool. The fenders and front cab mounts are the worst spots of rust on the truck so they will help fix that.

Here is some other Kool Junk i have i thought i whoud share. The radio was gave to me by a friend with another junkyard. it was in a 62 dump truck. i couldnt believe it was in a c60 truck.

Grills make great wall decorations don't they!
Hawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Some pics of my daily driver 60 c20

I would keep an eye on those plastic wheel bearings. There is a thread on here somewhere about when the price came down on the '60-'62 wheel bearings, and who all sells them. It might be worth checking out.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
Grizz1963

Welcome!!

I love your bonnet ornament in the radio pic.

Deffo an item I want to get hold of but you never see them for sale here in England.
Posted via Mobile Device
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Hawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
I would keep an eye on those plastic wheel bearings. There is a thread on here somewhere about when the price came down on the '60-'62 wheel bearings, and who all sells them. It might be worth checking out.
Yea it has me worried now. I looked on ebay and found some old new ones i might have to get. I have alread had trouble with them in the past. the first trip i took it out it over heated and started shakeing bad the bearing came apart and knocked the dust cap off and wore a small grove in the spindel on the driver side.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Hawks

That hood ornament is off a 50s olds. it still looks pretty kool. Im planning on putting it on the 60 when i put a orginal style hood on it. I just talked to a guy who has a 61 hood im supposted to go look at tomorrow. and some other truck parts. I hope to atleast get the hood.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #6
Hawks

Well i have been driving the truck for a while and the wheel bearings seem ok. but now their is a vibration in the steering wheel when I'm going straight. i jacked it up and the bearings are good but the wheels shake side to side. i shook the tie rods and they seem tight. i greased all the fittings which seemed to help put it still does it. the idler arm looks worn out so i guess i will change it when i get a chance and post some pics.