The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
weever82

Finally got the cab mounts installed.. now the rad mounts...

Finally got my cab mounts installed today... went fairly smooth. Hoping for my 69 to ride smoother with the new rubber now!

But however, after I did the cab mounts my doors will barely close! I haven't did the radiator mount yet and hoping that will bring everything back to normal?

Any tricks/tips on doing the radiator mounts? or do I need to pull the whole radiator out to replace them?

Thanks for reading

Weev-
Attached Images

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Finally got the cab mounts installed.. now the rad mounts...

It should be farly striaght forward just watch for cooler lines if you have those and watch the fan and shroud. Make sure the hoes have plenty of slack as well. The doors may change after the rad support bushings are done the best you can do is hope. Wha exactly kind of problems are you having on the doors not closing? are they hitting something or somewhere? a little more info would be nice .
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
weever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
It should be farly striaght forward just watch for cooler lines if you have those and watch the fan and shroud. Make sure the hoes have plenty of slack as well. The doors may change after the rad support bushings are done the best you can do is hope. Wha exactly kind of problems are you having on the doors not closing? are they hitting something or somewhere? a little more info would be nice .
Thanks for the heads up, I do have cooler lines and don't want to forget about those!

The doors will techically close but VERY hard... used to be nice and easy. They are not rubbing or hitting anywhere on the body/fenders. It seems its hitting the latch before they close.

Weev-

Old 01-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
weever82

Just a heads up. I did indeed take out the radiator, fan shroud, battery/box. The mounts went it really easy and prompted me to repaint/boil out my radiator and clean it up inside there.

Also after I did the mounts under the radiator the doors close with ease again. Must really make a difference with the new rubber.

Weev-