The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
frog210

hey guys just wanted to give a small update

Well i have had my truck in a accident last month or 2 don't remember
well i like to think its all good again
when i had the new front clip, i drove it around with it just being blue with no hood, went to the junk yard and thought i got a good hood, went home and washed the mud that was caked on, found out it had a crease line, put it on and drove it like that for a week or 2, went and got a hood that was like a hour away from me, by time i got to his house i had just got dark, got a hood that had the little emblem 6.2 liter diesel(what years was this emblem available on?)
its straight and nice, but it has some rust where the latch is across from one side to the other, i think the heat shield is to blame
other than that it looks nice
(the 5 gallon water tank is gonna be my new overflow tank lol
i was thinking of just like welding some metal their to make it stronger(pic with no fender on), since it was originally a 74 front, and i put a later front end, the reason im asking is because now my hood feel slighty, loose like you can move it a little to the side, and it sticks the hood higher then the fenders on both sides
Attached Images

-I'm a valet and well I've driven BMWs, Mercedes, Porsche,Bentlys, fiats, Hondas, etc and well even do I like a few features, I love my shortbed, it dosent bore me out, just press on the gas and you'll remember why you love it.
frog210 is offline   Reply With Quote