The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Lowco8

Newbie saying hello

Hi, I am new to the older truck scene. I have the opportunity to buy a 1955 1st gen 3600 with a unknown V8 and trans already in it. What I am wondering is would a 3600 be a nice starter vehicle for someone who doesn't know a lot but wants to learn. I want to eventually have a nice driver that is lowered some but still comfortable. I know that most of the sheet metal is the same from the 3100, but how much of a pain is the heavy duty stuff from the 3600 going to be? Should I keep looking for a 3100? Is it just me or does the 3600 also look beefier than the 3100? Thanks for any info.

Lowco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
NEWFISHER

Re: Newbie saying hello

Welcome!
Yes, you will find these Advanced Design ( A.D.) trucks are really easy to work on with a ton of support both parts and repair. You picked a great site with a great group of people willing to help and share ideas.

If you loose the top fender mount turn/marker lights it will slim it up some. The 3/4 frames are different in the rear (straight) vs. kicked up at the axle ( think c-notch) and they seem to sit a little higher. Great start
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote