The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-10-2003, 05:59 AM   #1
GMCPaul

Goodguys Show Indianapolis, 6/13-6/15

Just wondering how many of you all we might see at this years Goodguys show in Indianapolis, IN Friday June13th- Sunday the 15th. Every year we seem to see more and more of the 67-72 trucks there. Look forward to seeing all that can make it!!!!
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
bcountry

I will be there at least one day. I have my 39 registered in the show but depends on weather
bcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:00 PM   #3
jewels.

hmmm - figures --- i know nothing about it.

cool --- i think i have plans for the weekend now! i live less than an hour from indy. where can i find more info on the event? i'll look online i suppose. it will be exciting to meetcha there! cool!

jewels.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
GMCPaul

Heres some info and heres a link to Good-Guys for those in other states wanting to know if one will be near them.
http://www.good-guys.com/

Dates June 13, 14, 15, 2003
Venue Indianapolis Raceway Park, Indianapolis, IN
Local Info IRP (317) 291-4090 www.irponline.com
Hours Friday, June 13: 8 am to 5 pm
Saturday, June 14: 8 am to 5 pm
Sunday, June 15: 8 am to 3 pm
Features • Over 5,000 rods, customs, classics thru ’64; Race cars thru ‘72.
• Meet SHIRLEY MULDOWNEY!
• 3 Big Days of Nostalgia Drag Racing Action & Show n’ Shine
• Vendor & Manufacturer Displays • Model Car Show
• Swap Meet & Cars 4 Sale Corral • Poker Run • Nightly Parties!
• Indy 500 track Cruise • Boyd's Pros Picks & Street Rodder Top 10
• Special Display Area: Ya Gotta Drive’em, Homebuilt Heaven, Classic Chevy Corral, Gasser Gathering, YoungGuys
• No Cans, Bottles, or Pets Allowed!
Admission General: $20
Kids (7-12): $6
Under 6: Free
Free Parking.

Swap Meet Brad Roe
260 N. Wayne St. Martinsville, IN 46151
Ph: (765) 352-1330

Camping RV Camping available in the pits for racers. RV Camping available at Raceview Family Campgrounds for Show 'n Shine participants. Call (317) 852-5737

To Register Open to rods, customs and classics thru ‘64. Pre-Register on-line by selecting the "registration" button at the top of this page, or call Goodguys at 925/838-9876.

At Event Registration at Clarion Waterfront Hotel:
Thurs. 8am-6pm, Fri. 7am-7pm, Sat. 7am-3pm, Sun. 8am-Noon
Additional info Commercial Vendor Info: Susan or Ed (480) 460-1932

Model & Pedal Info: Tom Nengester (317) 821-1110

Media Info: Betsy Livingston, Goodguys (503) 925-8995

Here you go...all the details you need for what is happening at this event!

Show ‘n Shine Registration
Waterfront Plaza Hotel Show & Drag
Racing Hours
Swap Meet &
Cars 4 Sale Corral
Racer Registration VRA Tech
Thurs. 8am - 6pm Thurs. 10am –3pm Thurs. 10-3 pros only
Fri. 7am - 7pm Fri. 8am - 5pm Fri. 8am – 5pm Fri. 8am - 3pm Fri. 9am -5pm
Sat. 7am - 3pm Sat. 8am - 5pm Sat. 8am – 5pm Sat. 8am – 3pm Sat. 8am –10am
Sun. 8am - Noon Sun. 8am - 3pm Sun. 8am – 3pm

Daily Special Features:
Vendor & Manufacturer Exhibits - Shop the 100’s of retail hard part dealers that have everything you need to build or restore your street rod. Plus meet Hot Rod Industry Manufacturers.
Swap Meet & Cars 4 Sale Corral – check out all the special deals in used parts or pick up a new ride! Call Brad (765) 352-1330.
Model & Pedal Car Display – in the North Tower. For info call Tom (317) 821-1110.
GOODGUYS CHOICE PRODUCTS GIVEAWAYS - Deposit your Instant Winner Ticket as soon as possible at the Goodguys Giveaway booth in the Vendor Midway. Your car # and name may be drawn for one of the neat rodder parts or services through Goodguys Choice Product Giveaway Program. Winners will be drawn throughout the entire event - so check the Goodguys Giveaway Booth often to see if you ’ve been chosen!

FRIDAY
RODDERS ENTRANCE – Gates 6 & 8 RACERS ENTRANCE – Main Gate & Gate 2.
DRAG RACING TIME TRIALS - 9am to 5pm. Pro Session at 3pm.
INDY 500 TRACK CRUISE – 10am - Purchase a cruise card at registration to cruise the Brickyard. First Come, First served.
POKER RUN – Leaves right after the track cruise, meet at the Speedway Museum for Gasoline Alley & local racecar shops.
TGIF PARTY - 8pm at the Adam’s Mark with live Rock ’n Roll and dancing with “Rick K & the Allnighters”.

SATURDAY
RODDERS ENTRANCE – Gates 6 & 8 RACERS ENTRANCE – Gate 2.
TIME TRIALS - 9am to 5pm. PRO QUALIFYING - 11am & 3pm.
STREET ROD / HOT ROD SHOOTOUT – 1/8 mile drag racing competition for street driven hot rods!!
SHOPPER SHUTTLE BUS – Gate 3. Free Shuttle to Circle Center Mall runs every hour, starting at 9:30am.
SPECIAL FEATURED PARKING AREAS – 8am to 2pm. Each Participant receives a custom dash plaque.
* GASSER GATHERING
* WAGONS & WOODIES
* CLASSIC CHEVY CORRAL – hosted by Classic Chevy Intl
* HOMEBUILT HEAVEN – sponsored by Timberland Pro
* YOUNGGUYS – for 25 year olds & younger
* BOYD’S CODDINGTON’S PRO PICKS – in the Winston Concourse.
* YA GOTTA DRIVE ‘EM – did you drive over 500 miles one way to get here? Park here for special recognition.
Meet Mayberry’s Own Barney Fife - Look-a-like Mick Kieffer and visit his vintage mini museum! Shows 11am, 2pm & 4pm.
HOT ROD PARTY & DANCE - 8pm at the Adam’s Mark Hotel. Rock the night away with ”Hot Wax”.

SUNDAY
RODDERS ENTRANCE – Gates 6 & 8 RACERS ENTRANCE – Main Gate & Gate 2.
ELIMINATIONS BEGIN - 9am. TOP FUEL 1st ROUND - 10am.
WINNER’S CIRCLE - See over 75 of Goodguy’s award recipients plus the Boyd Coddington’s Sweet 16, Street Rodders Top 10, Classic Trucks Top 10 and the PPG Dream Car!
RODDER’S CHURCH SERVICE – 8:30 & 10am at the IRP Tower. Song & message with the Christian’s Rodders Assoc.
Meet Mayberry’s Own Barney Fife - Look-a-like Mick Kieffer and visit his vintage mini museum! Show at noon.
SUNDAY LUCKY TICKET - Don’t forget to attend the awards show at 2:22pm today and turn in your Sunday Lucky ticket. You must be present to win the chance to be a finalist for the 2003 Eastern States Giveaways: Premier Ind. Stainless Steel Toolbox, Flamed Sofa from Motorsport Direct, a set of Billet Wheels from Intro Custom Wheels, Complete Touring Brake Kit from Baer Brakes, High Perf. Long Block Engine from Ford Racing, Four Post Pro-Park 7 Lift from Direct Lifts & the Dodge Ram Hemi Quad Cab Truck. Plus one qualifier will be chosen for the Boydster II & Hot Rods & Horsepower's Steel '32 Body & Chassis.
AWARDS PROGRAM – 2:22pm at the Starting Line. Awards to lots of “Hot Rods & Cool Customs” plus qualifying winners will be drawn for the 2003 Eastern States Grand Prize Giveaways.
GOODGUYS AWARDS - The Goodguys award program is a highlight of each event. Over 75 award recipients are selected by various celebrities, industry and magazine representatives. Special awards given include K&N’s Performance Pick, Texaco/Havoline Pick, Timberland Pro’s Homebuilt Pick, Dodge’s Truckville Pick, Boyd Coddington’s Pro Picks, Street Rodder & Classic Trucks Top 10, MSD’s Fabulous Flames, Eagle One’s Pick, PPG Dream Car, YoungGuys Award, Magnum Axle Real Hot Rod Award and 3 US Radiator Awards.

We hope you have a wonderful weekend! Goodguys Goodtimes are all about fun for the entire family. Thanks for being a part of this event. We look forward to seeing you again! Reminder: No Pets or Scooters Allowed!

Heading to Indianapolis later this morning for check-in and intial set-up.
Hope to see you there, I'll bring the chairs and truck talk!!!!!
GMCPaul
Old 06-11-2003, 12:19 PM   #5
oldcarbuff

Hot Dog! I didn't know you would be there GMCPaul! I was planning on ordering some sheetmetal patches, and now I can do it in person. I'll be driving my 63 impala wagon down on Friday.

I thought the cutoff date for this event was 64 and earlier, unless you were running on the dragstrip though. If not, maybe I'll take the long step next year.

Anyway, if ya'll see a long, long wagon in bright red primer, stop and say hi! (it is a little ragged around the edges, but hey, so am I!)

OCB
oldcarbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
GMCPaul

Look forward to seeing you there Oldcarbuff & I hope you can make it Jewels!! We are set-up in spot 225 right beside where it goes from new parts to used parts area with our back to the track. From the looks of things this years show is definately bigger. We'll be getting rained on some today setting up but the forecast for Friday & Saturday is great with only a chance for pop up showers Sunday. Sure glad they changed the forecast.
GMCPaul