The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
ChevyCruizer
17's too small

Porterbuilt front dropmember steering notch

I have the newest (V4) Porterbuilt front extreme dropmember and am trying to install it this weekend. I am unsure as to exactly where to put the notches for the rack and pinion. The directions read:

When running a Dropmember Extreme, the center-line of the rack notch will be located 4.25” forward of the front most mounting hole of the lower cross-member assembly (this is on the BOTTOM of the framerail… see picture below)
When running a C4 Dropmember, the center-line of the rack notch will be located 3.5” forward of thefront most mounting hole...

Is that a typo (C4)? I have a call and text message in to Porterbuilt but just incase I dont get a reply I was hoping someone here has already installed a V4 and knows the answer.

Thanks, John
68 C10 SWB SS 5 lug power disc brake conversion 2.5 inch drop spindles van tilt column Air Ride Technologies Cool Ride air bag kits Performance Online tubular upper control arms and shock relocator kits ECE super track panhard bar 1 piece side windows
ChevyCruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
DrppdBlazr

Re: Porterbuilt front dropmember steering notch

Id be interested in this too cause i got a v4 on the way lol...post in here if you find out man.
DrppdBlazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
Pro Performance

Re: Porterbuilt front dropmember steering notch

The C4 is in reference to the drop member they manufacture that uses C4 corvette arms, spindles, hubs, etc. I am guessin the setup is a little different and positions the rack differently as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote