The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
jhrusk

tattoo removal

Not truck related but has anyone had any experience with having tattoos removed? I would like to hear. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
RANDY COX

Re: tattoo removal

me don't know...
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #3
jhrusk

Hey Randy,pretty ironic that just last week I was in Christianburg for power restoration.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
RANDY COX

Cool,yea they called people in from everywhere I believe.Thank's for your hard work.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
RANDY COX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrusk View Post
hey randy,pretty ironic that just last week i was in christianburg for power restoration.
kool,truck i checked out your build,gonna be awesome.i just recently purchased a 64 4x4 307,4spd..i started a slow build thread,randy and jakes slow build...
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
jhrusk

i will keep my eyes open for it.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #7
slepysal

Best addvice is dont get one. JK short of lazer removal...no
Some day this tattoo fad will die down. Don't get me wrong I have 25 and like them. I got them when I was young before they were "a fad".
I dont regret any of them becuse I didnt get them to be fashionable.They range from old gang tats to ones I got when I was in the Marines.Shoot I even have an Oakland Raiders tattoo ! ( loyaltiy aint eazy!)
Nothing cracks me up more then seeing a middle aged person sporting there first new ink or wanabees trying to look hard
Before I get anyone bent I'm 50 and got my first tattoo when I was 13 ( tuff nighborhood what can I say) so I think I have room to talk.
I used to tell people to think long and hard about getting a tattoo cuse once its on its on.
THINK BEFORE YOU INK

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #8
Killick

Besides 'think before you ink' there is also removal. I used laser to remove 2 - one I got when I was young and dumb, and one on my left hand, which was fine when I was in the Navy, but not so great for the post military career. They told me it would take '3 or 4 treatments', and I had 13. The one on my forearm is pretty much gone, just a bit of shading. The one on my left hand, some of the blue shading remains (they need to use a different laser frequency for each colour). A word of warning - it stings like a bastid. It was recommended to use some sort of a numbing agent before each treatment (they suggested EMLA, OTC from the drugstore). It doesn't matter - it really hurts, and if they turn the voltage up you will blister. I had one treatment and the blister looked like a golf ball climbing out of my hand. It's basically a sub-dermal explosion, where the laser breaks up the ink and your body flushes the ink away.

Here is a promo vid :
And here is what a one-colour removal looks like. When he says 'we're done' at the end remember it's only for that session - you'll be back a bunch more Good luck!
Killick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
jhrusk

Thanks for the replies,unfortunately I already have two that I got about 17 years ago,I have regretted them for the last 16 or so. Throwing the idea of removing them just have never pulled the trigger yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Indian113

I was at a checkout at a store and a child about 4 said to his mom"look mommy that man drew on his arm" I couldn't stop laughing for a while.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
GOPAPA

Killick-got a question for you on self made tattos ,that maybe beings you have had these treatments to rid you of tatoos ,you might have the answer ..

I have always wondered about the 4-5 kids back in high school in class who I seen taking a razor blades and cutting different images and writings on their arms and then put some sort of black and red ink into the cuts with tooth picks ,,wonder if this procedure you are talking of would work on home made tatoos like I described,,And NO I wasnt one of them ,,lol

Thx jhrusk for posting the question as I learned a lot from this post on removal..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #12
cableguy0

If your not completely against having tats you would probably be better off having them covered up with something you will be more fond of.Most laser removals I have seen looks worse than the original tat and leave scars etc.
Owner of North Point Car Care in Dundalk Md. We specialize in custom exhaust on both modern and classic vehicles. We are a full service auto shop from classics to modern vehicles. Feel free to contact me with questions. I will give a 10% discount to any board member.
cableguy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
big_al_71

I would suggest covering it up with something more to your liking

http://www.spike.com/shows/tattoo-nightmares

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
jhrusk

Thought I would give an update. I went for my first laser treatment today.I was pretty nervous about it but after the fact it was not bad at all. To me it felt like when I got the tattoo to start with however it went much faster and as time went the pain seemed to subside.I will have to wait 4 weeks before my next treatment but I will post progress as time goes.