The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
darush01

Im so proud of my old truck

Im making a 150 mile move today so for the last few days ive been getting the old girl ready and getting alot of cool comments, i took it to the exhaust shop to see about fixing a leak and as i was leaving i heard the owner telling his son how good it was runnong and talking about how it fired right up without cranking more than half a turn and o had the oil changed because its too cold to do it muself and the guy said it made his day driving my old bulldog trans when he brought it arpind front and i had a guy try to buy it off the lift he even offered me an 89 s10 blazer with a 350 for it, im so proud
Posted via Mobile Device
darush01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
Gene

Re: Im so proud of my old truck

Thats one of the cool things about these old trucks, I usually get an offer to buy anytime I take mine out. Funny how some folks think theyre the first one to make that offer sometimes. I've gotten pretty funny confused looks sometimes when I quote them a price of 30,000. I tell them, I dont really want to sell it thats why I quote that price lol.

BOARD MEMBER #5448

BOOMER SOONER!!!!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
jhwkns
Registered Cruiser

I used to have a collection of notes that people left on my truck. Thirty or so from mostly people who wanted to buy it.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by darush01 View Post
Im making a 150 mile move today so for the last few days ive been getting the old girl ready and getting alot of cool comments, i took it to the exhaust shop to see about fixing a leak and as i was leaving i heard the owner telling his son how good it was runnong and talking about how it fired right up without cranking more than half a turn and o had the oil changed because its too cold to do it muself and the guy said it made his day driving my old bulldog trans when he brought it arpind front and i had a guy try to buy it off the lift he even offered me an 89 s10 blazer with a 350 for it, im so proud
Posted via Mobile Device
Great story ... Agreed that these trucks always seem to have fans and potential buyers.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #5
treveiger

Lol its a good feeling, specially when you've done a lot of work to it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #6
weever82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwkns View Post
I used to have a collection of notes that people left on my truck. Thirty or so from mostly people who wanted to buy it.
That's amazing! Would be cool to read if you ever thought about selling it and then remember how cool it was and keep it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #7
Mister-B
Account Suspended

I get sort of peeved when people ask me to sell it. With all the time I've spent on it, and as much as it means to me, I don't see it happening. Maybe it's just the luck of the draw, with the people that have approached me. They almost act entitled, because they've heard the quote "anything is for sale, for the right price". Truth is, I don't think any of these people can even pay their rent, much less buy my truck. I think it must be a human nature insecurity on their part. Almost like they aren't part of the club, want to be, know they can't, and so they throw out the whole "is it for sale" BS, when really they don't have the money or any intentions of buying. Sure, there are legitimate people out there that want to buy, but I sure haven't seen them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
WadmalawJoe

I get more comments from the ladies then men, probably 3 to 1, and my truck is just primer black. I don't know what will happen once I finally get it painted. Nobody has asked if its for sale yet though.

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I’m back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Longhorn 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadmalawJoe View Post
I get more comments from the ladies then men, probably 3 to 1, and my truck is just primer black. I don't know what will happen once I finally get it painted. Nobody has asked if its for sale yet though.
Maybe they're just hittin' on you.

It is amazing how many people want truck like ours. They just don't want to put the effort or money into them. They have different priorities...Cushy comfort in their new sqishy cars and trucks.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
SS Tim

Make a sign to point to when someone bothersome is around.

Reserve Auction
Sealed Bids
Accepted Through 04/01/2030

Please note there is $1000.00
non-refundable bidder fee that must be paid
prior to inspection or bidding
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #11
~Whitey~

I've had people on several occasions leave a note on my windshield.. asking if I want to sell the truck to call them. No way would I ever sell it, but it makes you feel good when you get asked.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #12
Moline_Puller

Yeah, I had mine out this past Saturday and a guy came up to me at the gas station and was like, 'Hey, I just wanted to come over and check out your truck'. It's like, everybody either had one and wished they hadn't gotten rid of it...or they knew someone that had one. Awesome...I love these old trucks!

Chris
Moline_Puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
Lattimer

I get a lot of stares and thumbs up, but no offers to buy yet.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #14
darush01

I had another offer today 700, i said i wouldnt take less than 10,000 but he didnt seem to understand why
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Billett

The guy that delivers our newspaper left me a note folded up in the wrapper one time. That was pretty funny. I've had a few people stop and ask me at the dump or the gas station. Doesn't bother me.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadmalawJoe View Post
Yeah, I think the ladies are actually hitting on Mr. Joe

It took me a lot of years, and for my wife to point out when I was being hit on lol. All that time, and I was oblivious to it. Men tend to be more direct. Women are a confusing mess. They do all this round a bout stuff, and then if they get rejected (because the guy had no freaking clue the woman had any interest in him), it doesn't hurt as much. Men do it too, but women take the cake lol

I'll tell ya though single guys, if you're looking to get hit on, drive around in one of these trucks with a friendly dog in the back, and wear a hat for your favorite NFL team. They'll be commenting all the time, and if you pay attention to it, you just might get lucky
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
cjb70chevy

ya i had a guy actually get pissed that i wanted so much for mine. 70 built 402 bbc th400 12bolt a/c cab brand new bfg's on original rallys an lowered. he's like thats it. of course not, but i'd rather not waist my breath on the details.
cjb70chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb70chevy View Post
ya i had a guy actually get pissed that i wanted so much for mine. 70 built 402 bbc th400 12bolt a/c cab brand new bfg's on original rallys an lowered. he's like thats it. of course not, but i'd rather not waist my breath on the details.
I've noticed people are always asking me what I paid for it. I feel like saying, "um what does it matter what I paid? A ton of work and parts have been added since then, so what you're seeing has nothing to do with what I paid "

I guess I'll just start saying, I'm in to it about X...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #19
Billett

I differ on that a little bit. Unless I'm in a huge hurry I don't mind chatting a bit. I'll tell em what I got it for, and then go into what I've done to it because I'm proud of how far it's come. When I first bought it, it wouldn't go over 45 mph, but now it's got heat and a working radio haha! I like to talk because it gets people interested in these old trucks again. Never know when you might inspire somebody to save one.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #20
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett View Post
I differ on that a little bit. Unless I'm in a huge hurry I don't mind chatting a bit. I'll tell em what I got it for, and then go into what I've done to it because I'm proud of how far it's come. When I first bought it, it wouldn't go over 45 mph, but now it's got heat and a working radio haha! I like to talk because it gets people interested in these old trucks again. Never know when you might inspire somebody to save one.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't mind talking about the truck. I welcome it. I just don't like people assuming they can buy my damn truck, and asking what I paid isn't relevant, since I've done a lot to it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
RHGuyettejr

I have had 3 people try to buy my 69 GMC and it is just sitting on the lawn waiting for the 71 frame to be ready to transfer it to. The other day I had my brothers friend try to get me to sell him the hood off my 71 because I had 2 trucks I am turning to one, only problem is both motors run and I am not about to leave a good 350 out in the weather with no hood. It does make you feel good when people stop and ask you though. Can't wait until I actually start driving it.
RHGuyettejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #22
RANDAL

I haven't had anybody offer to buy or give me a thumbs up yet. But I just got it licensed on Monday oh well. I guess I need to be a little more patient.
RANDAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #23
darush01

My truck has been parked for about a month but when I go out to start it up about once a week people ask of I want to sell it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
70c10stepside

I get compliments a lot, well every time I go out. And it is my dd. Get asked if it is forsale, and I say of course.. One million dollars, plus 4000 for actual price. The million is to cover sentimental value.. They always laugh and get the picture. The when I start it, and drive off. They sit there scratching there head haha She is a pretty sleek sleeper I guess.
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #25
72 K20

I went on a 250 mile round trip last weekend with the K20, and got a lot of looks and a couple of thumbs up.

I have had a couple of people ask if it's for sale and I say yea,,,,,, $10,000. One just rolled his eye's,,,,,, the other walked around it and said " you're not out of line but, I just bought a house ".
I would probably sell it for $10k at this point,,, but the price goes up with every improvement I do to it !!!!

I get a lot of compliments,, and it is in my eyes " a work in progress " so I can't wait until it's done to see what they'll say !!!!

Tom
72 K20 is offline   Reply With Quote