The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
eyebuzz
Licensed driver

Stalls on occasion

Hello,

'99 Burb - 350 Vortec. Starts right up - runs great but two or three times in the last week it's died while slowing down to a stop sign, et. al. It's been cold here (in the 30s). Starts right back up after it shuts down. Radio stayed on the whole time. Ran a scanner on it - got 1345 which is supposed to be crank sensor/camshaft sensor correlation AND 0141 - Heated O2 Sensor - Bank 1 Sensor 2 AND 0161 - Oxygen O2 Sensor Circuit Low.

This may be a related issue (or not an issue at all). At low speeds it likes to keep the revs high (running cold or warm) so that if you stay in first gear and get up to say 10mph and about 1,200-1,500RPMs it will just cruise there even when you take your foot off the gas (kind of like cruise control) - if you put your foot on the brake it will slowly drop the RPMs until your back at 5-6hundred RPMs at rest.

Anyway, anyone else have this happen to them (the stalling or the high RPMs no foot on the pedal)? AND would any of those three error codes be related to the stalling problem (seem like the 1345 would be most likely of the three - but also seems like it would be running rough all the time)? Or other ideas on stalling issue? Thanks in advance. TT
Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
eyebuzz
Licensed driver

Re: Stalls on occasion

Well problem probably solved. This morning the burb started right up, put it in gear, rolled about 10 feet and totally died - no nothin'. Played with the negative than positive battery cable and power was restored. Loose battery cable, although didn't feel loose so I got a little packet of battery connector lube, cleaned things up a bit (wasn't too bad) and added lube and tightened back up. If my above problem is solved the battery cable must of cut off supply just long enough to the system but left enough juice in the system to run the radio (first times I lost power the radio still worked). Haven't really driven enough to know if my first instances of stalling was related to the battery cable - but that's what I'm guessing right now (and hoping!). Best, TT