The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Preglerjr

Frame from a 67 with 70 cab?

Hey guys I just joined the classic truck world by buying not only 1 classic chevy but 2 for the price of one...

Both are not in running condition but the 70 is the closest to running.

My question is, can I prep the 67 frame, clean it up and paint it, and then throw the 70 cab back on it?

I plan on uesing the 70, once running, for a farm truck for 10+ year, and then later in my life rebuild that 70 to a semi-show truck.

Thoughts??

I am new at this game! COMPLETELY NEW!
Posted via Mobile Device
Preglerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
1967chevytruckguy

Re: Frame from a 67 with 70 cab?

yes you can put a 70 on a 67 frame
1967chevytruckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
vectorit
What?

Welcome to the forum!

There shouldn't be any problem in using the '67 frame, but the steering box mounting surface may be different.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
67c10rustbuket

Sure it will work fine. Only two things I would consider is the '67 frame does not have the PS provision "dimple" so you will need to either space the ps gear box out or create a dimple in the frame rail. The other thing is the partial frame vin. If this is a farm truck and staying in Oklahoma than well no one cares. Now if later in life you restore to somewhat show quality and sell it on the internet other people may have issues getting it registered in there state. Some buyers will check the frame vin and assume a lower value if it does not match the cab vin plate. I know I would much rather have the correct frame when considering buying a truck.

Welcome to the forum from another Mustang Oklahoman I only know one other person in this huge 6 sq mile town, Mustang, with a 67 and a 70, that being said is your name Mike B???

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

We built a '68 from a '67 frame,'68 cab,'72 bed and it has P/S. The box is spaced off the frame with no problems. Some heat and dimple the frame.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Preglerjr

@67c10rustbuket

No acctually I am not Mike but that is my buddy that I bought it all from. He ended up not doing anything with it and wanted to sell all of it.

you know Mike?
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

you'd think guys in a Mustang would be furd enthusiasts!! J/K Welcome.

Interchanges are fairly common across these trucks,cabs are easy,front ends/hoods require the same year beds work all the way around sependent on wheelbase.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #8
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
you'd think guys in a Mustang would be furd enthusiasts!! J/K Welcome.

Interchanges are fairly common across these trucks,cabs are easy,front ends/hoods require the same year beds work all the way around sependent on wheelbase.
Well we do host the Mustang Nationals here and have a Shelby Motorsports location in town There are a bunch of mustangs in town and I think many live here just for the novelty of living in "Mustang" I love mustangs and even bought the wife one once, thing is its a bear getting a baby seat in one of them. Even a convertable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preglerjr View Post
@67c10rustbuket

No acctually I am not Mike but that is my buddy that I bought it all from. He ended up not doing anything with it and wanted to sell all of it.

you know Mike?
Yes I know Mike, we met while serving at Lifechurch S Okc. After talking a while at church, trucks came up and we checked out each others projects. I actually have the front clip off of the texas brown '67. Mike wanted someone to replace the rockers and patch the cab corners on the '70 and we made a deal. He was going to dismantle the 67 and get rid of it then move the 70 into the garage so I could come do the work for him. We never got around to doing the work being we are both busy so I still owe him. Now I feel a little bad since he sold it and I never got to fill my end of the bargain. I guess if that transfers I owe you

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
Preglerjr

Non-Transferable.

But would like to meet up some time and swap stories.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
RenoKeene
Florida Edition

Welcome aboard from Central Florida also! Good luck on your project.
71 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper "Scotty"
97 LT1 Z28 "The Hornet"

Link to more pics of "Rose" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=1684

Check out my "Cheap Tricks" thread and add to it if you can, lots of good info there. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
RenoKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
....snip..... We never got around to doing the work being we are both busy so I still owe him. Now I feel a little bad since he sold it and I never got to fill my end of the bargain. I guess if that transfers I owe you

Good one, rustbuket.
REAL good.

THAT, Boys and Girls, is what it's all about.
But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #12
67c10rustbuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preglerjr View Post
Non-Transferable.

But would like to meet up some time and swap stories.
Sure thing I will PM you my phone #, Mike should still have it too. Give me a ring anytime you need some help or to hang out. Be sure to check out the Oklahoma section too. There is a large meet in the works for this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Good one, rustbuket.
REAL good.

THAT, Boys and Girls, is what it's all about.
Thanks Mag, Just seems like the right thing to do I guess. I keep wondering what your name means? Confuses me

Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #13
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Thanks Mag, Just seems like the right thing to do I guess. I keep wondering what your name means? Confuses me
The real name is Magwa....Well, it's my long-term nickname. M17 is a joke, 'cause C10 King asked why my Truck Forum name was so long.
When I signed up years ago, I just flashed in a bunch of letters (turns out there were 17 of 'em!). I haven't wanted to change it because it's
a P.I.A. to lose all the former posts and threads, etc. So, I just stuck with it.

The "Magwa" name came from a different spelling of James Fenimore Cooper's book, The Last of the Mohicans....The antagonist in there,
as you probably know, is "Magua".

I pretty much relate to Magua's plight...but that's a political thing for another time and place....
Attached Images

But always a rat.
magwakeenercew2jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
The real name is Magwa....Well, it's my long-term nickname. M17 is a joke, 'cause C10 King asked why my Truck Forum name was so long.
When I signed up years ago, I just flashed in a bunch of letters (turns out there were 17 of 'em!). I haven't wanted to change it because it's
a P.I.A. to lose all the former posts and threads, etc. So, I just stuck with it.

The "Magwa" name came from a different spelling of James Fenimore Cooper's book, The Last of the Mohicans....The antagonist in there,
as you probably know, is "Magua".

I pretty much relate to Magua's plight...but that's a political thing for another time and place....

And all this time I thought it was a Bastardization of Maqui from the movie "Gremlins" since your pic kinda looks like you'd be a troublemaker.....
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #15
BMERDOC

You guys are nuts!

The 67-68 frame mounts for the radiator supports are different too. So unless you plan to run a 67-68 front clip you'll have to swap out the front mounts to run the 69-72 front clips. The exsisting brackets may be able to be modified but I'm not sure. So many 69-72 trucks have been converted to the 67-68 clip there has to be an easy way to do it.
2WD C10 Modern/Performance Alignments
Easiest Alignment Ever!
BMERDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
Hubscrub
Cruzin

my truck is on a 67 frame 71 body only thing i needed was 67 radiator support mounts they are shorter. actually i had some new ones for a 71 so i just cut them down to fit

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote