The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
hungarian1964

Not getting gas from my gas tank

I took out my Gas Tank from my 68, cleaned it out, reinstalled and now the Carb will not receive gas!!! Installed new fuel pump and ran a line to a 1 gallon can and it worked fine, how come the fuel pump doesn't pull gas from the tank? Has anybody ever had this problem??
hungarian1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Xeen

Re: Not getting gas from my gas tank

Use standard trouble shooting methods and work the problem, there could be some blockage which wont allow fuel to pass or a connector or clamp that isnt tight that is causing an air leak that is causing you to lose vacuum somewhere, or when you cleaned the lines you knocked some debris loose and it clogged up the filter or you knocked some debris loose on the carb side of the filter and it clogged up the fuel intake port on your carb, just work the problem untill you find it, start at one end and work your way to the other end and start eliminating possible causes untill you find the problem.