The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
DT1

Thinking about buying a 70 Suburban Q's

Hi guys
I usually reside on the 67-72 truck side of the forum. Yesterday I spied a pretty clean 70 Suburban sitting in a driveway not far from my home. I left a note on it and the guy called me today. He wants $2,000. for it but since the registration has expired to the tune of two to three hundred dollars he's willing to deal. All things considered,the thing is really in good shape. No rust, a few blemishes and primer spots, no A/C PB or PS, 350/350 with Edelbrock intake and Carb, Original front and rear seating. I can drive it home today but I have a couple of questions.
What should I look for as far as condition and what would a driver like this be worth today as she sits?
DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
AMERICAN PICK-UP

Re: Thinking about buying a 70 Suburban Q's

post some pics.
AMERICAN PICK-UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
vectorit
What?

Re: Thinking about buying a 70 Suburban Q's

Pictures will help us all give you pointers.

If you are a pick up guy, then look at all of the things you would if this was a pick up. The Suburban shares a lot of problems the pick ups do as far as aging and wear.

I guess if I was to throw a few important Suburban things out there.

The rear doors or hatch. Make sure they are complete, and there is minimal to no rust. It's located in the Palmdale/Lancaster area, so it's lived in a hot dry climate. Check all the areas that will collect water and dirt, in the desert areas like Lancaster there is a lot of blowing dust. That tends to accumulate in areas, and if moister gets in there and settles it will rot.

Make sure all the doors are working and in solid shape.
The front doors are just like the pickups, aside from the window frame and main door glass. Wind wings are same as pick ups.

If it has the 3 rows of benches, that is a good thing since they are hard to come by. Re upholstering them is expensive though.

Those are the big things I would look for first.
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote