The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
ABX131

Sweet CL find in WA..not mine

Saw this appear on Friday at a local wrecker..went down and grabbed the deluxe steering wheel and "Custom" sail trim panels for $50 total...very sad this is being parted out and not sold outright. Very little rust in the floors and hardly any in the fenders...excellent shape! A really clean truck and it ran.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ptd/3619906985.html
ABX131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Bret B

Re: Sweet CL find in WA..not mine

You suck. I saw it Saturday morning before the swap meet. Decided to do the swap meet, then head out to check it out. I was hoping to score the sail panels if not in bad condition. Lost track of time and just didn't get out there in time. Dang it....
.................|_/(0)\_ll____/(0)_l.
Bret B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Auctioneerhere

Oh how I'd love to have had that.
Auctioneerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

What a shame. The sheet metal looks to be in great condition. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
gbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABX131 View Post
Saw this appear on Friday at a local wrecker..went down and grabbed the deluxe steering wheel and "Custom" sail trim panels for $50 total...very sad this is being parted out and not sold outright. Very little rust in the floors and hardly any in the fenders...excellent shape! A really clean truck and it ran.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ptd/3619906985.html
Nice score! I figured stuff in WA would be as rusty as it is here. Guess not.
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
dantimdad

Someone go snatch off the trim for me! PLEASE!

Steven

Matt. 6:27 "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”

http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...=507266&page=2
dantimdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
PAPA KENT

what a shame to part a clean running truck like that. what a waste.
PAPA KENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
travz500

according to the 10 badges its a 64 chevy but it has a GMC grille and cluster tho so who knows what year it is and a chevy hood its guaranteed to be a 4-5-6 GMC truck according to the dash
travz500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
Bret B

Stopped by the yard today on the way home. Truck is a GMC as all of us know by the pictures the yard provided. However, at some point, all the sheet metal had been changed over to the bretherin Chevy panels. Attached are the door tag numbers, the current condition of the truck, and drivers side.

The hood is in decent shape with no wrinkles, but it does have two places paint is bubbling up on the passenger side and one on the drivers side. Oh, and there is a hole on the hood for an hood for an emblem, front and center. Interesting neither are at the seam on the front. Floor boards are shot, as are the cab supports. Driver fender has rust at the bottom near the door jamb. All trim is gone, good job getting it when you did there Mr. ABX131. The seat is actually really good too. Cardboard around the fuel tank is shot and there is visible rust holes at the back of the cab around the tank location. Windshield I think was Ok, not cracked anyway. Engine is being pulled right now as we speak by another customer. Transmission is a 3-on-the-tree. Leaf spring rear end. Gauge panel and knobs weren't the greatest of condition, but can be used if someone is inclined. The yard will not remove and ship parts out. This is a come and get it if you want it. The truck will be moved to the regular yard soon.

Also in their yard was a couple 64-66 trucks. All the dashes were gone, the fenders rotten, hoods damaged, and you can gather the rest. A few door handles and one window crank, all pitted and looking sad. There are two panels as well, 66 I think. Rotten fenders, rear floors looked repairable and the rear barn doors would be a job in itself. The remainder of the panels was similar to the trucks, waiting to crush.

There it is in a nutshell. The good, the bad, and the....rusty.
Attached Images

.................|_/(0)\_ll____/(0)_l.
Bret B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
63ChevC10

I stopped by this place today on my way home from work. I was able to get the wiper linkage for $27. Not bad at all if you ask me. First time I've been there, but they seem very fair on their prices and they were really helpful.
63ChevC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #11
ABX131

It is really hit and miss on the pricing. I think it has a lot to do with who you deal with there..last time I got a standard steering wheel with horn button for $25...threw that out when I showed up at the counter with the deluxe wheel and horn button and almost got that one for $25 but was over ridden by another counter guy....up to $40 still a good deal...paid $10 for the sail panels which I thought was also a great buy. Prices seem to be made up on the spot and vary by who is on shift and how desparate you look.
ABX131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
63ChevC10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABX131 View Post
It is really hit and miss on the pricing. I think it has a lot to do with who you deal with there..last time I got a standard steering wheel with horn button for $25...threw that out when I showed up at the counter with the deluxe wheel and horn button and almost got that one for $25 but was over ridden by another counter guy....up to $40 still a good deal...paid $10 for the sail panels which I thought was also a great buy. Prices seem to be made up on the spot and vary by who is on shift and how desparate you look.
Good point. I guess I looked desperate today!
63ChevC10 is offline   Reply With Quote