The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2003, 07:37 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Thumbs up Fixed My Clutch (Hopefully)

After fighting my clutch Z-bar for last few days I think I finally nailed the problem. Has been slipping out of the frame side bracket no matter how much I tighten the nut on the frame side ball stud. Took it all apart today, changed the ball stud, nut, retaining clip, nylon bushings, changed the frame mounted bracket which was bolted in instead of hot riveted. My bracket was worn pretty well from slipping in and out of the slot and which did not have the retaining clip to begin with. Got all the parts from GM dealer in Wichita for $12 ( wife's cousin works there, my pipeline for Chevy parts which are hard to find ). Removed the old frame bracket and bolted in and double-nutted one from my donor truck (thank goodness it was a '71 3-on-the-tree stick) after grinding off the hot rivets. Those things are hard ! Put it all back together and it feels GOOD and works without popping out of the bracket ! Well spent time with my 17 yr. old. I think he has an ulterior motive with an eye to my truck. LOL Nice to spend time with him bending wrenches tho.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 09:26 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

Sounds like a good deal all the way around! If I remember correctly by the time I was 17 I was mechanicking for my Pop, not with him!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote