The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
westong

new project

Well after years of looking I found a deal I couldn't pass. I have had a few 72 chevys but due to buying a house, kids etc I have always fixed them up and sold them. I have went about 10 years with out one but have always been on the prowl. While at work on Tuesday I was trolling the local classifieds during some down time. I saw an add that stated 1972 gmc classic, I clicked on it and there she was a 72 sierra 1/2 ton short box 4x4. I have to be honest I saw a price of 800 or best offer and I started shaking the add had a view counter and it said 23 people had viewed the add. Damn with that many all people seeing it I was sure it would be gone. I sent him an email as there was no phone number and waited.......Just when the excited shaking stopped my phone rang...a number I didn't recognize..could it be....IT WAS.....The guy selling it says he still has it and I could come look at it NOW...Early lunch and 15 minutes later and im there. Sure as heck it is as he advertised.. A couple flat tires, some missing lower chrome,cracked windshield. I didn't care it was mine as soon as I saw it. I open the driver door and what did I find.....a/c cab,tilt wheel,tach,bucket seats,head liner,wood bed,factory tow hooks, original GM labeled eight track player ,factory kick panel speakers factory GM labeled 23 cb radio, factory black...IM so pumped I had to take a swig of Nyquil to get to sleep last night. It has it's issues with.the normal rust in the floor panels but in overall good shape besides bumpers and chrome but all that will be replaced any ayMy plan is to sale the eight track,speakers and CV as there not listed on the build sticker in the glove box to help get the project started
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

westong is offline   Reply With Quote