The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
JCampbell
Account Suspended

Craigslist Vent...

Got a complete set of four rally wheels on CL and just shot down the second guy who wanted to know if I’d sell just one wheel.

Seriously…what the “h” am I supposed to do with three leftover wheels? I told the first guy I’d sell him one wheel for the price of four, but I’d throw in the other three for free.

Craigslisters can be an odd lot.

(Mods: not fishing…settle down. I wouldn't ship 'em anyway.)
JCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
TexasSteve

Re: Craigslist Vent...

Does your ad say "Sell as a full set of 4 ONLY"? Otherwise I'd say you set yourself up for the trolls on cl. lol

I've had stupid message come in to but when I went & looked at my ad I realized I left a detail out that opened up a loophole for the dumb questions to come through.
2001 Yukon Factory Grey Metallic~2" DJM Key front drop/3" DJM Rear Springs~stock 16" chrome steel wheels~5.3/4L60E~Volante CAI w/under bumper air scoop~Magnaflow 10426 Bullet muffler~DDM LED all exterior lighting/55w-5000k HID Hi/Low/35w Fog
TexasSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
JCampbell
Account Suspended

No...I didn't. It's sad that it's come to this.

The ad now reads:

15x8, 5 on 5 lug pattern. OEM rings and caps, not aftermarket plastic. The wheels are straight – they came off a truck owned by a guy who knows how to drive, so there are no bends or curb rash. They are in nice, daily driver condition. There are no tires - just like the picture shows.

I will not go any lower on the price. I will not bring them to you. I will not separate them.

If you have $XXX in cash and you want all four wheels and you’re willing to come get them, let’s talk. If you don’t meet these requirements, don’t bother.

Last edited by JCampbell; 02-21-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
zook

Talking Re: Craigslist Vent...

guys look at the bright side and have a laugh/smile. it's free and you can do most anything on cl-it is what it is. again keep in mind it's free and very little things are these days. i got some smokin deals,even free stuff off cl. however have had the same run-a-round and big time strokers show up. it's just like ebay except you are not paying..yet! and you can opt for cash in hand. good luck on your sale just edit and repost.
zook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
JCampbell
Account Suspended

"like"

LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
INSIDIOUS '86

One thing I know is that truck rallies are nothing special. They are like belly buttons every body has a set and two th350s to go with along with a "corvette" block. Haha
Posted via Mobile Device
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #7
JCampbell
Account Suspended

I'm only asking about a third less than the next set listed in my area. Anyway, I don't care if they sit in my shed. I just want the 'tards to stop emailing me.

This thread's probably gonna get smoked by a Mod now that I listed a price. Whatever. I got my venting done.

Last edited by old Rusty C10; 02-22-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
INSIDIOUS '86

Haha well it's not a bad price for a nice set.
Posted via Mobile Device
377 sbc thumpr cam autogear m23 muncie 3:73 Detroit trutrac
3''spintech prostreet mufflers xpipe 1 3/4 headers
build thread !http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=577217
Iroc gauge threadhttp://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=554511
INSIDIOUS '86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Billett

I'm actually having a similar problem. I'm trying to sell a set of C5 z06 rims on CL. One person complained that they weren't the stock staggered setup, (clearly stated in the ad), one person didn't believe that they were all OEM because they weren't staggered (all have GM stamps on the back), and last night some joker asked me to drop my price by $200 because they "needed too much work, they could be bent, plus I need to buy tires."

OF COURSE YOU NEED TO BUY TIRES!! I fail to see how that's my problem though... I'm selling these thing's dirt cheap and he has the nerve to tell me that I have a bad attitude and he doesn't want to deal with me. 10 minutes later he offered to raise the price $50. I don't think so pal...
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
BIG V

I have tryed to buy a couple blazers on craigslist in the past few weeks and i had a guy make arrangements to meet him at his house, talked to him 10 minutes from his house. When i got there he was no where to be found, 15 minutes after i got there a woman came out of the house walked across the street to "her" house and he came out without a shirt on. I had another guy who would save me the blazer because in his ad he said it runs and drives when i got there the rear u joint was waisted, asked if he needed a deposit, he said he would save it for me, went home to get my trailer when i got back to his house someone else was loading it on a trailer. He says i didnt know if you were coming back. Didnt even call. Craigslist is becoming a joke.
Posted via Mobile Device
1991 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 4:56 and pulls great
1979 Chevy 1/2 ton long bed diesel
1974 Chevy crew cab short bed 3/4 ton 4x4 project
1991 Chevy suburban 2wd
1984 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 6.5 detroit with turbo
1961 Chevy pickup 1/2 ton 2wd
1975 gmc crew cab short bed 2wd
BIG V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
kelsfine69
18 Till I Die

BigV...Those guys were just idiots to begin with
1987 Camaro Iroc 350 Tuned Port Injection
42000Km

1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI
1987 Chevrolet Silverado 350 TBI(yes 2)

Take me drunk, I'm too home...
kelsfine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #12
Ziegelsteinfaust

I was trying to sell my 97 GTI on CL because it was getting to much for me to want to fix, but it did have a few great things about it.

I listed it at $1000 which is what I wanted, and I got a ton of calls from people offering less then what pick a part would give me. It ran great but had electrical issues, and likely needed a new harness. Nothing to hard, but I feel out of love with it. Pick a Part gave me $550 for it, and I kept all the things out of the car I wanted. Which would of been included for the $1000.

So this one idiot shows up, and starts saying $300 cash. I told him pick a part would pay $550, and they won't get the new tires, stereo, and newer front seats. So he lays into the car, and how its not perfect. To which I tell him what car is perfect for $1000.

So his abortion of a dad try's 1/2 way getting in my face, and saying I need to negotiate. So I bring up the fact your offering less then pick a part, and gtfo. They leave , and call the cops. So the cops come to my house, and ruin my dinner time. Pizza getting cold is never fun. So the abortion try's telling the cops he's offering me top dollar, and I am being a a$$ because I won't sell it to him. I told the cops that hes offing almost 1/2 of what pick a part would. I am pretty sure after the cop got through yelling at him he got some form of a ticket.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
J Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
So his abortion of a dad try's 1/2 way getting in my face, and saying I need to negotiate. So I bring up the fact your offering less then pick a part, and gtfo. They leave , and call the cops. So the cops come to my house, and ruin my dinner time. Pizza getting cold is never fun. So the abortion try's telling the cops he's offering me top dollar, and I am being a a$$ because I won't sell it to him. I told the cops that hes offing almost 1/2 of what pick a part would. I am pretty sure after the cop got through yelling at him he got some form of a ticket.
Are you serious? This guy called the cops because you wouldnt sell the car to him for what he offered you?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
1977cheyenne_C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Knight View Post
Are you serious? This guy called the cops because you wouldnt sell the car to him for what he offered you?
LOL its funny. i bet the ticket came out more expensive than the 300 he was offering
1977cheyenne_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #15
1977cheyenne_C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
I was trying to sell my 97 GTI on CL because it was getting to much for me to want to fix, but it did have a few great things about it.

I listed it at $1000 which is what I wanted, and I got a ton of calls from people offering less then what pick a part would give me. It ran great but had electrical issues, and likely needed a new harness. Nothing to hard, but I feel out of love with it. Pick a Part gave me $550 for it, and I kept all the things out of the car I wanted. Which would of been included for the $1000.

So this one idiot shows up, and starts saying $300 cash. I told him pick a part would pay $550, and they won't get the new tires, stereo, and newer front seats. So he lays into the car, and how its not perfect. To which I tell him what car is perfect for $1000.

LOL i Bet the ticket came out more expensive than the 300 he was offering you
1977cheyenne_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #16
BIG V

Next time junk punch them, so the cops show up for a reason..
Posted via Mobile Device
1991 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 4:56 and pulls great
1979 Chevy 1/2 ton long bed diesel
1974 Chevy crew cab short bed 3/4 ton 4x4 project
1991 Chevy suburban 2wd
1984 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x 6.5 detroit with turbo
1961 Chevy pickup 1/2 ton 2wd
1975 gmc crew cab short bed 2wd
BIG V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
Billett

that's insane... mine didn't go that far I just couldn't believe it. I put mine up for $500 fully expecting to take $400. His first text is "I'd do $300. I need tires too." I told him $400 was my min and he goes "OK, thanks for your time. Those things are just too beat up to be worth more than that."

Are you kidding? They're OEM powdercoated! Aftermarkets weigh another 10 lbs a piece and still cost $200 each! He tells me he can't believe I'm going to pass up selling these for $100, (even though it's really another two under what I originally posted it). He tells me he KNOWS he can find a set with tires for $500 so I say good luck, cheap tires alone are $150 thinking that's the end of it. Boy was I wrong.

Half an hour later he tells me he found a set on mautofied for $550, apparently to spite me, and then says "oh and let me know where you can find tires for $150 for these idiot". So naturally I send him a link to a set on tirerack, and tell him I'm surprised that a bargain hunter such as himself was not aware of that site. I also thought it was humerous that he could do $550 on mautofied, but for me $300 was "all I have." He tells me I have a bad attitude, doesn't want to deal with me. We're done. Wrong.

Another hour goes by and I get a text from him saying "final offer, we meet in the middle. $350."

"No."

fin

Why can't people be realistic about this kind of thing!? I've bought a few things over CL, but I always take the time to research what I'm buying, see it in person, make sure it works, and give the person a decent offer because the economy sucks right now. I don't go around expecting to buy a show car with a big block for a grand because it has some scratches in the paint! Man... needed to get that off my chest. Sorry.
2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L
2024 Toyota Sienna
Billett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
Damon23

This is what happens when you give people something for free and on the internet. I refer to them as craigslist flakes. You get them on both sides. I put up my collector beach cruiser bike. I get one guy that emails and says he'll give me $400. It is listed for $550 so I said "ok". Dont hear from him for two days. Then says it is too far to drive and not worth it. I told him I can meet and that is it. I think the rule think before you type comes to mind here. It says where i'm at. It now gives you a nice little map as well. You take the good with the bad when it comes to craigslist. Use common sense and you'll be able to weed them out.

No great defeat was ever just possible in the beginning.
Damon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
Ziegelsteinfaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977cheyenne_C10 View Post
LOL its funny. i bet the ticket came out more expensive than the 300 he was offering
Yes. The discussion was getting heated, and he had this attitude that he had to have it on his terms. Plus he drove 45 minutes to see it, and said I lied on the description.

The cop wasn't happy. You could see it on his face when he realized the guy was an idiot, and why he called. At that time the cop said I could go back into my house.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
AntiGov

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCampbell View Post
Got a complete set of four rally wheels on CL and just shot down the second guy who wanted to know if I’d sell just one wheel.

Seriously…what the “h” am I supposed to do with three leftover wheels? I told the first guy I’d sell him one wheel for the price of four, but I’d throw in the other three for free.

Craigslisters can be an odd lot.

(Mods: not fishing…settle down. I wouldn't ship 'em anyway.)
jason, sounds like you only need two more half wits needing one wheel and you will have the set sold....

then again only one would show and you would be back to screwed...
AntiGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #21
D.FENS

Can I tell my story before this one gets shut down?

Found an '82 Silverado on local CL. Kinda ruff, and has a bad trans. Watched it for a couple three weeks, seller re-listed it a couple times and dropped the price a little.

It gets down to $1200 OBO so I call the guy. And call, and call. Finally he calls me back sounding like he just ran the Boston Marathon. The truck is listed as being in Huntsville, turns out he's damn near in Decatur, almost an hour away from me.

Remember the $1200 OBO, because it's important. I get to the guy's place and check the truck out. It's been swiped against a pole, or a wall, or something. Driver's fender is done, hood needs help, probably needs a core support, definitely needs a door, and the bed side is pretty beat. Starts up and runs fine, but won't go anywhere.

I'm thinking maybe 6 - 700 bucks. So I say okay let's talk about money. Dude blows up and comes off with "If I can't get $1500 for it I'm taking it across the scales" (meaning he's going to crush it). I counter with $650 and remind him that's more than he'll get at the scrap yard, then reminded him his price on CL was, you got it, $1200 OBO. He repeats his mantra about $1500 about three times, really quickly, like he's on meth or something and thinks yelling at me is how business gets done.

I walked away and drove an hour back home. May still have the number if anybody wants to buy an over-priced wrecked truck from a dopehead.

Last edited by D.FENS; 02-21-2013 at 10:44 PM.
D.FENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #22
broey
Square

it seems like the more you sell on craigslist, the more you start to learn how specific to be, when to post your number and what emails are scams. i have sold so much now that I have a "go to" list of things I will not do that I post with every item
Old 02-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #23
AntiGov

D.FENS i bet that guy wishes like h e double L he took your 650 offer...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #24
AntiGov

Do you guys post your phone number when listing an add?....i always do...its been that way for a hundred yrs.....whats with playing some sort of game , people say " email some code and your number and i will call you" whats wrong with your own dang number...
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #25
D.FENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiGov View Post
D.FENS i bet that guy wishes like h e double L he took your 650 offer...
Don't really know. I was the one standing there with $1,000 cash in my pocket. Maybe instead of *****ing about the guy being such a flake I should be glad I didn't get shanked and robbed.
D.FENS is offline   Reply With Quote