The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
vikingbry

Question Looking for info on led light bars for taillights

I have a 72 gm shortbox stepside and have had it in the shop getting it prepped for paint. Its just ready to go for the final paint now. I've been looking for a led light bar for my roll pan. I have a custom fiber glass box on the truck and there are was no mountings for lights put into the box. I don't really wanna cut out holes in the rollpan for lights, like the corvette style rollpans you can get for these year of trucks. I would prefer a led light bar, but can't seem to find the one I need. I need to find an led light bar that will work for tail lights/brake light/signal light. if you know any websites that carry these please post a message and let me know. Also I have found a website of a guy who made his own, unfortunatelly there was no email address to get a hold of him. If any of you have done such a project on your own please post a message also as I would love to find a way of making a custom led light bar if possible. Many thanks in advance
vikingbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
krue
Designated A-hole!

no help, but...

Welcome to the greatest board for truck lovers! If you got pics of your truck, Post Em!

GMC SWB STEPSIDES RULE!!!

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #3
vikingbry

I have a few before we started prepping it for paint, but i will have a few more to post for viewing pleasures
also had the door handles shaved
Seems like a really greaet board for the small time I've have been here.

But I really need to find some info on these led light bars, kinda bad to be rushed like i am since its in final steps for painting adn i wanna get them figured out and mounted asap
Old 06-15-2003, 08:38 PM   #4
nosto
Flamin' Bass

Welcome to the Board.

I'm not sure these are what you are looking for, but they are tail/stop/turn LED bars. Try Lambert Enterprises . Pricey, though...

It actually sounds like you want something that mounts on the surface, so you don't have to cut the pan. I haven't seen anything like that.

Good Luck!

Pics : http://community.webshots.com/user/nosto53

1972 Triumph TR6 - full resto, now with a Toyota 5-speed
1975 F**D F-100 - rusty, but reliable
1982 HD XLH-1000
1967 C-10, shortstep, 350/M21 4spd, nitrogen tank fills fast bags on 4 corners, Toyo 255/45X20s on American Eagle 221 20X8s, shaved locks and handles, antenna, fuel filler, tiny C-notch, rear fuel tank, long headers, Edelbrock, worn 600 Holley, Checkmate flush hard cover, rear pan, custom LED taillights - painted it, too! But don't like it so I'm gonna do it again!!
nosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 08:54 PM   #5
XXL
Seņor Member

Try these guys...

However, after I priced the premade stuff out there, I decided to make my own...

I made these from red plex and clear plex diffusor (like the stuff in office fluorescent fixtures), then PC boarded up some LEDs and popped them into a metal can that mounts from the rear.
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:28 PM   #6
vikingbry

nosto
Thanks for the link to Lambert Enterprises, and yes they are a little pricey. I wanted to mount my rollpan a little lower than normal, to provide a small gap in between it and the bottom of the box. So I would be able to mount an led light bar in that small gap and it would go unnoticed untill i was braking. But if I can't go with that then cutting out part of the rollpan to mount the light in will be fine.

XXL
Yes I had seen those pictures of the lights you had made and was very interested in contacting you. But could not remember where I had seen the pics but thankfully I found this site again.
I will email you, since I have a few more questions about your led light bar that you made.