The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
CARR33

New column no brake lights

Installed a new tilt column and now my brake lights dont work. Turn signals ok, running lights ok also. There is power going into the harness for the steering column when the brakes are applied, but the wires that power the lights coming out of the harness are dead. I think it may have a bad turn signal assy. I guess i'll just have to pull the steering wheel and check out the turn signal plate but i'm not sure how. I guess somewhere the power coming in is supposed to transfer to the wires going out that supply the brake/turn signals. Any suggestions?
CARR33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Sammy

Re: New column no brake lights

I would first check the fuse and the connected wire to the brake plunger/ pedal before you tear into the column/ turn signal assy. Just to make sure.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
kwmech

Re: New column no brake lights

orange wire goes up the column from the brake lamp switch, gets converted at the top of the switch into the yellow and the green at the switch plate, which of course goes to the brake lamp/ turn sig side of the 1157's in the rear. If you have power at the orange when you step on the brake and nothing coming back down in either wire then..........yeah a bad connection or switch
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote