The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Remon.

New guy from the Netherlands

Hello All,

I'm Remon, 22 years old and living in the Midwest of Holland (it's only 124 miles wide and 186 miles high ). I'm an American car enthusiast from the moment I went of of my tricycle.

Few months ago I bought my first American car, which is a '79 Chevy C20 truck. Dutchies are relatively pretty USA car minded so getting one and getting parts for it isn't that much of a problem.

Actually... two weeks after I bought the beige one, I saw a beauty in Texas (online) and fell in love with it. So I bought the truck and shipped it to Holland.

Anyway, suddenly I had two C20 camper specials on my driveway ;D. A beige '79 and a two tone blue '77. Right now the beige one is sold.

The blue one is a Texas truck. No rust, just surface rust. Almost everything squeaks or doesn't work I drove it from the harbor 40 miles home and it runs, brakes, shifts very good. Pulls slightly to the right. Engine starts in one turn and reacts good.

Plans with the car:

- First: make the car ready for examination to get a licence - everything has to be good and working
- Rust prevention!
- Make everything additional work properly
- Make interior nicer - new doorpanels and bringing back color on woodgrain dash.
- Install LPG installation (gas prices in Holland: $9,30 a gallon!! and for LPG: $3.85)
- Bedcoating
- New hood. Have one allready, just needs paint
- Electric fan
- New cab rubbers

Hope to get learn a lot on this forum and be a part of some conversations.

Greets Remon

Some more pics:

Easy comparing

In Texas.. I have the chrome wheels also but the tires are bad..
Remon. is offline   Reply With Quote