The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Stevo427

Brake booster / Linkage problem..Need help quick!

My buddy had to take his booster off to mount his headers and in the process this plastic sleeve broke off. Not sure if that's just a dust cover or what but now his pedal wont return all the way back. It's because the linkage hits the firewall. Any help problem solvers out there? Need some quick responses because he needs his truck tomorrow. Thanks all.

His brake lights turn off if the pedal is pulled up, but then it hits the firewall. It's almost like it needs to be adjusted.. but that doesn't make much sense to me since it was fine before he took it off.
Stevo427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Brake booster / Linkage problem..Need help quick!

Where was it disconnected from? Did he pull the booster and leave the bracket? Or did he pull the bracket and booster all in one?

Try and loosen the bolts holding the booster to the bracket and see if that stops the linkage from hitting the firewall. If it does, take at off completely and make sure nothing is stopping the rod from engaging into the booster fully. Might be a piece of broken plastic in the hole.

Just my thoughts,
Tom
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote