The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
FettAffen

Sanden A/C bracket help/ input.

Updating a customers 67 factory A/C truck for him...

Need a little help on choosing an A/C bracket to mount a Sanden....

Small block with only one hole in the head passenger side...

Compressor needs to go on passenger side...

Short Waterpump with 2 groove pulley, crank pulley 3 groove, alternator belt using inner groove on waterpump pulley and inner groove on crank, outer waterpump groove open which lines up with center open groove on crank pulley, and p/s uses 3rd outer groove on crank............

Stock Ram Horn exhaust manifolds........

I removed the stock A6 compressor and factory brackets with cherry picker...lol..... Apparently he has replaced the A6 5 times in the last 15 years..... It is the POA/expansion valve set up.......

The factory A6 compressor brackets bolted to the front 2 bolt holes on the intake passenger side with 2 bolts with studs, then bracket comes down and bolts to waterpump mounting hole top on passenger side, and then other part of bracket bolts using 2 front exhaust manifold mounting bolts with stud bolts and spacers and the anti lift motor mount cable bolted to the bracket......

I have looked at alot of brackets on Ebay until my head spins........

They all seem to put the compressor up to high and towards the t-stat housing, or the sit way low to the passenger side towards the fenderwell....

I guess I am limited since I dont have 3 holes on the face of the head on the passenger side......

On the bracket set up that is low towards the fender well I was measuring around and it seems I would have belt interference with the lower radiator hose from the bottom of the compressor pulley to the crank pulley.....

On the high bracket it looks like I would have hose connection issues since the inlet and outlet are at 12 oclock on the compressor and the 90 degree #10 and #8 hose fittings with the charge ports would hit the hood as they are tall, have that style of fittings on a 508 in the Trans Am......

Just looking for some input on A/C brackets that people have used here with same set up as I have........

Already gathering up parts to convert to orifice tube/accumalator set up as I have found some great info here......Way more cost effective then messing with POA stuff and the tube that goes from the POA to the back side of the Evap is tweaked anyway......

Took 15 minutes to get the old evaporator out of the suitcase , and gonna take me another hour to get 46 years of leaves and crap out of the case, miracle air even made it out the vents with the evap clogged up with leaves and debris......

So need help on a Sanden a/c bracket, passenger side, short waterpump, no holes in passenger cylinder head, stock exhaust manifold and heaterhose connection nipple at about 45 degree angle passenger side front of performer intake maniold.

Thanks!
FettAffen is offline   Reply With Quote