The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Mister-B
Account Suspended

There's beauty in these trucks, regardless of their condition. Found an old photo

Came across this picture I took of the truck I would end up buying, as it sat on the corner of an intersection, calling out to me.

It's crazy how much I've ended up fixing and restoring, but at the same time, there is so much beauty still there with how it was. The white chalky oxidation gave the paint a weathered blue jean look. The dents in the grille and bumper told a story. The 1960's beer pull tops and cigarette butts under the seat and spare gas tank had yet to be found. The near mint build sheet, taped to the gas tank, showing its date and place of birth, as well as where it was sold were waiting to see daylight. Like an old photo of your wife when you first met- there's appreciation for her hair style. The way she wore her makeup. The clothes she wore, that you later removed from her in a pile on the bedroom floor... And even though you're more in love with her now, and dig her look, there's appreciation for what used to be.

We are all lucky to drive such a piece of history. Something that gets better with age and everything we fix, yet was always cool to some degree.

Posted via Mobile Device
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
WadmalawJoe

Re: There's beauty in these trucks, regardless of their condition. Found an old photo

Indeed!!
Excellent post!
Posted via Mobile Device

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I’m back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: There's beauty in these trucks, regardless of their condition. Found an old photo

I do concur. Well said my friend
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
yuccales

Well said. BTW, your truck has come a long way!
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Iron Hauler

Please tell me your not going to spray paint your wife!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Iron Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #6
2002yanks

i know what you mean. i bought mine with intentions of just running it like that. as you see some things have changed. i agree they look good no matter what.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Hauler View Post
Please tell me your not going to spray paint your wife!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Lol. No
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #8
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002yanks View Post
i know what you mean. i bought mine with intentions of just running it like that. as you see some things have changed. i agree they look good no matter what.

Love that green, and everything else you've done
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
2002yanks

thanks. this has gone way further than i planned. first i was just going to rock it how it was. then i planned to just do a patina job on it- no chrome. then as i fixed the rust issues i was talked into doing a paint job on it(because i went that far already). now its going on air with plans to lay frame with it. never ending.

i love the patina on yours. my next one will rock a patina job. thats right i said my next one. having a hard time not looking on cl for one. need to focus and get this one done.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #10
mac808

Wow Mister-B. Its like poetry. Think a tear just welled up in my eye...LOL

Very well said. SO true.
mac808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #11
Moline_Puller

Well said...these trucks have great lines and were well built. And they are still great trucks today, whether they are shiney and clean or if they still have every ding and dent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Moline_Puller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
cheyenne shortstep

Mister-B, your truck reminds me of a truck my little brother had about 10 yrs ago in Mapleton, the first time you posted pics I had to look long and hard to be certain it wasn't the same truck. You've turned that thing around nicely.
cheyenne shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
rambler
MOVE OVER

awesome post LOL.. so you store car parts on the bedroom floor?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
BugzC10

Thumbs up Re: There's beauty in these trucks, regardless of their condition. Found an old photo

[QUOTE=Mister-B;5967893]Came across this picture I took of the truck I would end up buying, as it sat on the corner of an intersection, calling out to me.

It's crazy how much I've ended up fixing and restoring, but at the same time, there is so much beauty still there with how it was. The white chalky oxidation gave the paint a weathered blue jean look. The dents in the grille and bumper told a story. The 1960's beer pull tops and cigarette butts under the seat and spare gas tank had yet to be found. The near mint build sheet, taped to the gas tank, showing its date and place of birth, as well as where it was sold were waiting to see daylight. Like an old photo of your wife when you first met- there's appreciation for her hair style. The way she wore her makeup. The clothes she wore, that you later removed from her in a pile on the bedroom floor... And even though you're more in love with her now, and dig her look, there's appreciation for what used to be.

We are all lucky to drive such a piece of history. Something that gets better with age and everything we fix, yet was always cool to some degree.

You tell a great love story....it's amazing, the feelings these great trucks stur up inside us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #15
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
awesome post LOL.. so you store car parts on the bedroom floor?
Lol. Yeah, sometimes I actually do.

Thanks everybody else as well for the kind comments
Posted via Mobile Device