The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2003, 01:00 AM   #1
kballan

Talking I couldn't pass this deal up!

Well, after all the stress of trying to decide whether to stay with a longbox or switch everything onto a shorty frame, I was cruising with a buddy two days ago, and he said that he saw an 85 shortbox (stepside) sitting in someone's yard. So, I decided to take a look - turns out it was a guy that I went to high school with and he said that the truck was someone else's and it was there so he could pull the engine for another truck. The rest of the truck was for sale cheap. I thought, yeah, how cheap is cheap? Well, I got a hold of the owner yesterday, and paid him today - get this - $70 bucks CDN!!! The truck even has still new in the box - tie rod ends, and ball joints. The rear end has already been flipped and he's got new control arms and lowered springs he's throwin in! So, now I'm stripping all my new panels and cab off my longbox so I can throw them onto this frame.

This leads to another question - is anyone out there interested in some complete aftermarket longbox sides? I bought them brand new and they haven't even been on the road yet. I welded patches over the stake pockets so they're smoothed off now. (I haven't even ground the welds down yet) And, there was a couple of small dings which I've put body filler on and sanded down. I paid $1400 Cdn. for both sides and will let them go for $1000 Cdn. Anyone interested let me know! Thanks guys!

ANY MAN CAN BUILD A TRUCK, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP!

Last edited by kballan; 06-19-2003 at 01:11 AM.
kballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:07 AM   #2
houston6

Great Deal

Its sounds like you got one heck of a deal.I wonder why I can't
ever get that lucky LoL good luck with it
Old 06-19-2003, 09:50 AM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

how much is that in American money?

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:19 AM   #4
Russell
Professional Grade

Like 55 - 60 bucks...
Old 06-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
kballan

Boy, I was hoping for at least 75 bucks - lol! With the American-Canadian exchange rate now, it's about $750 American.

ANY MAN CAN BUILD A TRUCK, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP!
kballan is offline   Reply With Quote