The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2003, 06:15 AM   #1
TIMSPEED

Yay! Final tuning of my truck! Gotta pull the carb in the morn.

Yuup, got my idle and my cruise A/F Ratio NAILED @ 14.5:1. In the morning, I'm gonna pull my carb off and take off the Secondary Fuel Bowl and pull out the jets and go down 2 sizes from whatever they are now. (I have a feeling they're #84's) That should be it. Right now, when I got WOT the A/F Ratio DROPS to around 11.3:1. Hopefully with just a secondary jet change, it'll get up to 12.5:1-13.0:1. Hopefully also that'll help twofold. In getting a better mpg aswell as more hp. (I've been told that getting it tuned properly will be a NOTICEABLE difference in WOT performance...less just hope so!)
Old 06-20-2003, 10:45 AM   #2
TIMSPEED

WOW! I pulled apart my carb a few minutes ago..How dumb is this..instead of having a metering BLOCK with jets, in the secondary side, they have a metering PLATE. I have to go and get a $40 kit today, that basically turns my 4160 into a 4150, so I can have a metering BLOCK and jets on both sides. I talked to Holley and they said to start out with #68 jets in the secondary side (I have #64's on the primary, and at idle/cruise I pulled a perfect 14.5:1 A/F Ratio.) If the #68 jets don't work, I can either go up or down accordingly. How dumb is that though, from the FACTORY it comes NON adjustable. (and the damn 4160's are more than the 4150's!)
Old 06-20-2003, 02:28 PM   #3
r0lf-
Hotwheels?

damn... maybe you can come down here and help me adjust my floats and AF ratio so I can get perfect gas milage/power!

It needs to be tuned, but I have NO experience with Holleys!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:47 PM   #4
TIMSPEED

Quote:
Originally posted by r0lf-
damn... maybe you can come down here and help me adjust my floats and AF ratio so I can get perfect gas milage/power!

It needs to be tuned, but I have NO experience with Holleys!
Well, I have experience now, but it's best to have a Wideband Oxygen Sensor..I'm just lucky my friend let me borrow his. Maybe if you got an O2 sensor bung welded into your exhaust, I may be able to persuade him to let me borrow it longer I'll tell ya though man. Literally..NIGHT and DAY difference.