The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
CRGRS 66

Thumbs down My Experience with CPP - (spare yourself the hassle)

I placed an order for CPP products with Scott's Hat Rods last fall. I ordered a 6 lug disc brake kit with 2.5" spindles, 2" springs, MC/booster/prop valve, front and rear sway bars. In preparation for installation I discovered the the calipers were remans, and the quality of one of the calipers was terrible, piston seal looked as though it had been pinched on installation, and the threaded port for the brake hose was not the same as the banjo bolt on the brake hose, so on Feb 27th I emailed Justin, who responded the same day to say that he emailed and had a call in to CPP on the matter. I received an email the next day (feb 28) from Justin, CPP says they no longer sell remans in their kits, they will issue an RMA. The next day I received the RMA. Well, still no calipers, and nothing but crickets on the other end.

I am extremely frustrated, and wondering if this will ever get resolved. I have asked Justin @ Scott's to get involved and get this resolved. I have no issues with Scott's Hot Rod's but I have let Justin know that I ordered the goods from him, they are his vendor, and that I need him to step up on my behalf.

I personally will not be ordering any more CPP products, and I sincerely hope that I don't run into any more problems with any of the other CPP goods I ordered when it comes time to install them.

I am not very happy about posting this thread, but emails and phone calls have so far gotten me no where.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
CRGRS 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Rich 5150 69

Re: My Experience with CPP - (spare yourself the hassle)

Graig there have been others as well, this will hit them where its hurts, especially in this site as large as this community is..
`68 Dart 370/904/323 suregrip
Rich 5150 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
Reyals Bemus

CPP just sucks. I speak from my own experiences.
Reyals Bemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
Trsmotrhed

I ordered directly through CPP and everything went great. Took awhile to get parts because they were moving. Have you called CPP direct? I would hope as a business and most of their customer read these posts they would take care of you ASAP. Theres a member from here that works there, seen the posts referring tp him. Maybe someone can hook you up with him. Think his name is Jeff. Let us know how this gets handled so we know to stop buying their products or support their business.
Posted via Mobile Device
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=544174
Trsmotrhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
CRGRS 66

I sure don't want this to impact Scott's Hot Rod's, and I am indifferent as to what affect this has on CPP. I just want the soap opera to end. In my email to Jeff and Justin today I let them both know that I would be posting, and that I would be bumping the post every time I go online. I respect that Scott's needs to let CPP do their job and resolve the situation, but at the same time I am Scott's Hot Rod's customer, so I have asked Justin to deal with his vendor and get this resolved for me.

My build thread, CRGRS 66 Winter Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...09#post5638709
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
CRGRS 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trsmotrhed View Post
I ordered directly through CPP and everything went great. Took awhile to get parts because they were moving. Have you called CPP direct? I would hope as a business and most of their customer read these posts they would take care of you ASAP. Theres a member from here that works there, seen the posts referring tp him. Maybe someone can hook you up with him. Think his name is Jeff. Let us know how this gets handled so we know to stop buying their products or support their business.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have emailed, called, called, and emailed, last contact was over two weeks ago... crickets. The member you refer to I believe is cppjeff, who is the Jeff I am dealing with. I believe he is a good guy, but people above him seem to have his hands tied. Justin from Scott's is also on here, good guy for sure. I suspect they will both chime in here as well. I have come across several other threads detailing service issues with CPP as well. Maybe Jeff will show this (and the other threads) to his superiors, maybe they will get the message, and let Jeff do his job.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #7
Trsmotrhed

I just spent $1,400 dollars with them and would not have done that if this is how they treat customers when things go bad.*Things go bad but its how a company deals with it that separate the good from the bad . I emailed them now and told them about this experience you had and I will not do anymore business with them until I see how they deal with this problem. Maybe other members should email also.
info@classicperform.com

Posted via Mobile Device
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=544174
Trsmotrhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
MisterC

Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, there are quite a few posts like yours in the Vendor Reviews forum:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=238
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #9
slepysal

I have delt with CPP directly and have not had any problems,BUT I will not buy from them again untill they take care of you.

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
RockTonka

I too had issues with CPP's product and service. I too bought through Justin at Scott's Hot Rods. I absolutely believe that if it wasn't for Justin's efforts to remedy the issues, I would still be in limbo.
Justin went WAY above and beyond to push CPP to address my problems. Justin was always available to answer my questions and immediately chased answers and found ways to resolve our issues. Justin was the only shining light in my dealings with CPP...can you tell yet that I think Justin offers unparalled, GREAT service to his customers??
My understanding is that Justin is just a distributor for their products, and as such, certainly has his hands tied when trying to make up for their poor products and poorer customer service.

Don't give up on Justin or Scott's Hot Rods...he/they will find a way to make it right.

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
Chad215

I've been saving my pennies to get a disc brake kit for my truck. I keep hearing horror stories about CPP. I see Jeff on here all the time trying his best to resolve the situations, but the shear number of times I see the same problems leads me to believe he is fighting an uphill battle. I have no idea what kind of volume they push out of there, but I somehow doubt that millions of people are ordering parts from them. I don't really understand why I keep seeing the exact same complaints on here all the time. You would think they would step it up. Problems happen, but ignoring the customer is NEVER the right answer. With this kind of hobby, people like us find a vendor we trust and stick with them.

Like I said, I've been saving my pennies for a while now. I'm not a wealthy person, so when I drop close to a grand on anything, I do my research and take it seriously. I was seriously considering talking to Jeff about ordering from CPP, but there is no way I'll be purchasing anything from them. I just can't afford to take a chance giving my hard earned money to a company that really does not seem to value their customer.

I know there are always two sides to every story, and I've seen Jeff try very hard to resolve problems, but seeing this many complaints within this small of a community is ridiculous. Sorry Jeff- You seem like a good guy, but when I get ready to purchase my kit, it with be from Early Classic. I know there's a chance I'll run int the exact same issues, but at least I don't see their name plastered all over the message board with negative reviews.

Crgrs- Sorry for your problems. Nothing like feeling like your hands are tied and you're dealing with a brick wall. I really hope CPP comes through for you and gets this taken care of to your satisfaction.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Reyals Bemus

Early Classic Enterprises is the bomb! Mark and Stan WILL take care of you.
Reyals Bemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:25 PM   #13
TommyDuncan

There are threads on many different websites with similar stories. When you do get your stuff it quite possibly will have the wrong hardware, missing hardware, etc...

...it is a shame because they have innovative products.
Posted via Mobile Device
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
da_bears_da1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
I have delt with CPP directly and have not had any problems,BUT I will not buy from them again untill they take care of you.
Same here. I bought my drop spindles and trans cross member from them and had no problems but I will not buy more until they fix their customer service. ECE sounds great based on review here so that is where I am going for my rear drop kit.

My build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=566533
da_bears_da1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #15
CRGRS 66

I appreciate all of the support gentlemen.

Well, turns out the calipers shipped on Tuesday. I guess I could have followed up with them again, but I was getting a little tired of that.

I had made very clear to Jeff that I needed him to send me the shipping document so I could send it to the Forwarding Company I use in Tonawanda NY. I sure hope that the shipment hasn't arrived in Tonawanda yet, they receive hundreds of shipments per day, they need a document to match every shipment to in order that nothing gets lost, and customs documents are prepared properly. I told them I wanted a prepaid shipping note to send the garbage calipers back with, will see if I get that... if not I will just take them to the scrap yard.

Sure hope my package doesn't end up in limbo.

Justin (Scott's Hot Rod's) BTW is emailing me from the hospital where he is with his wife and new son. I told him to put his phone away and be with his family .

Old 04-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #16
MARTYZ

Hope all works out, , thanks for the heads up, very interested in end result have a wish list to purchace yet too.This wil definatly affect what brand I purchase !
MARTYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
Snowbound

If you got ball joints with your kit, you might have the same issues as I did. Cheap China made garbage that the taper is off just enough you can't get the castle nut on enough to get the cotter pin through.

My supplier (KMS Tools in Kelowna) replaced them with Moog BJ's and reimbursed me for the cost of pressing the junk ones out and new ones in. The Moog joints went together like they are supposed to, with no issues.

Why they would try to save a few bucks on Chinese ball joints is beyond me.....
1965 Chevy Short Box Stepside, 230 - 3 speed, 4:11 gears, original paint rust free survivor. Now sporting a 383 SBC and TKO-600
Snowbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
gimmy 64

i had the same problems with cpp. i ordered some parts from them to do my steering columb install. they took my money and did not tell me that they were doing invetory--for 2 weeks and the when i called after that i called and they tell me the u-joint is back ordered for 6 weeks????. did some buissness with ECE ordered some small parts and lowering leaf springs. they called me and tolld me they were having problems with theier vendor raising prices. the guy i talked to said he did NOT charge me for the springs. that is customer service. cpp jeff helped me through the problem that i had with the dlay and i cannot say enough about him. there is a reason that cpp is no longer a member on here!!!!!!
gimmy 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
rbar

I spent about $3000 with CPP. They sent me the wrong pitman arm and wouldn't take it back because it was past 3 or 6 months, I don't remember the time. But now I have found that my truck sits too high in the front because I have the wrong springs. I haven't called them yet, but I know they won't take them back after the pitman arm issue. They sent me a sending unit with the gas tank that didn't fit correctly and had bad instructions, then act like I'm the idiot. This is not to mention all of the time I waited and waited to get my parts. Really frustrating company to deal with.
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 415hp/415tq 6speed
rbar is offline   Reply With Quote