The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Zonecone

new guy with crew cab project

Hi there im the new guy i take it.. starting of. im 32 with wife and 18 month old. so project might take awhile. just got 2 year jeep grand cherokee crawler project done. and that being said, i need another project like i need a hole in the head. but of course, here i am. growing up dad had a 81 chevy 2wd crew cab. i hated it. The 2 tone brown and buiege ( the bomber we called it) was our transpertation for a good life. it was the school bus for all the kids in the country growing up. dad would take us to the bus stop and 6-8 of us would pile in and stay warm in the mornings. Dad would throw 4 dirtbikes in the back hook up the travel trailer and we were off to the desert. still i hated it. Well 17 years has gone buy and needless to say i miss the old bomber. So i bought one yesterday. 1984 2wd lb crew cab, with a roadmaster conversion. $900 bucks. Cant find any info on that conversion. anyways cant decide what to do. wanted to do 4wd swap with shortbed 6'' lift 37'' and cummins. bt also thinking since i was also givin 85 single cab dually, swaping over the dually parts and droping the crewcab in the weeds. i also have a 2 rust spots in the b-pillars so any info would greatly be appriciated. thats my story and il try to post along the way. thanks......
Zonecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
1ATony

Re: new guy with crew cab project

Welcome to the site, pretty cool story. If it's a 2WD you could lower it and make an awesome hot rod out of it.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote