The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
HEAVCHEV3

Help

Hell Everyone I need some assistance Ist issue when you hit the foot operated dimmer switch should the lights go on and off or from Hi to Low Beam because I'm only getting on and off. 2nd issue is I cnt get my right front pass blinker to work properly there is a light blue wire as well as 2 wht wire coiming out of the plug where should they go? If I connect them blue to blue wht to wht both parking lights working pass light real dim but works now this is the kicker when I turn on the blinker both lights flash as if I had hazards. 63 step I need your help glad to be part of the forum oh yeah and she ios grounded
HEAVCHEV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #2
Sharps40
Account Suspended

Re: Help

Check the grounds. Clean the sockets. Clean the interface between bulb socket and light houseing. Light houseing screws to hood. Wireing harness plug to fire wall bulkhead. Add a ground wire from light houseing to hood and hood to fire wall if needed. Front turn signal lamps share a common ground on the drivers side so when the resistance is high, it grounds thru the PS side light and both are illuminated. As for the headlamps, its either the floor switch or the connections/grounds are bad.

What you describe is a very poor ground. My truck sat 18 years had very similar front light issues. I cleaned up all the sockets and plugs and fittings and once all the grounds were good....all the lights up front started working correctly again.

Last edited by Sharps40; 04-11-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Sharps40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
WhippinSaw

Re: Help

The floor dimmer switch turns the headlights from low to high beam. Mine sat for 20 years and all I had to do to get the headlights working was spend a couple hours cleaning the connections. If you do what sharps40 said you should be good. Here is a color coded wiring diagram from the stickys that may help. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=378484
WhippinSaw is offline   Reply With Quote